Reward for Playing the Objective

• As the title says it would be nice if the game gave out rewards for playing the objective. I'm sure a lot of other players had that dreaded feeling, when your team is solely playing for kills and blatantly disregards the objective. I've had my fair share of games where I have teammates that stand just right next to the point instead of moving a few inching onto the it in Secure Point and Front Line; I've played dozens of S&D games where players pick up the bomb and don't plant once they reach the site; And I've seen players just pass by resources in Resource Takeover. It gets pretty frustrating after a while especially when you have to complete a certain objective-based game mode for your daily mission. Ironsight's current reward system only rewards players based on playtime rather than performance (the longer you're in a game the more XP and Gold you get). So to fix this issue I think it would be nice to see that Ironsight rewards players for both playtime and performance, and that performance gives players the most XP and Gold.

• I mean sometimes I get a lot of kills (w/ decent KD) with essentially no capture points because I'm trying to push on the point but end up dying because most my teammates don't have my back. But if multiple people are purposely going for kills only then that's when teammates start to get annoying to play with

• its way too common that people try to raise their own kd by camping and killing enemies who are going for secure point and leaving others the hard work of tryin to capture point to secure win. often there is like 1-3 totally useless campers on teams with like 0-50 point captures from full round.

• Been complaing about this from the start.

Capture Ressources only reward you for killing the "objective enemies" but doesn't reward you for picking up the ressources at all, it's suck a terribe game design

i'd games in Capture ressources where i've 60/80 point because we're 2/8 players that actually tried to do the objective or understood it.

important thing would be creating a tutorial for these game modes, so new players understand what they're doing.

Secure area - my lowest k/d game

having a average 1.9 k/d on all other game modes but only having 1.6 in secure area i can say it's the worst designed game mode.

Teammates are rarely doing objective usually it's 1-2 guys actually trying and then there's 6 players who plays the mode like tdm for the first 2mins of the game until they're losing.

Spawning beside point, my biggest complain is how people can spawn close to area.

you just cleared 4 people, and then you die because they spawned less than 5 meters away from you, and you're spawning on the other site of the map.

i've games where the entire outcome of the game came down to the spawning areas being suck trash.

-

What i would like to change

Capture Ressources - make it so you're given 50% of the reward for killing the sentinel, and then the rest for picking it up.

If a teammate takes the point he should receive 50% reward instead.

It would make some people pick up their loot since "it rewards them towards their next killstreak"

Secure area.

Sadly you cant really change alot regarding this game mode..

but i would love to see static spawns for sure.

Spawning next to the point is suck a terrible design, and should seriosuly not be a thing

only way to fix this is basically making static spawns and give a spawn protection bonus so spawncamping isnt gonna be a thing etc

reduce damage by 50% after immortal effect expired inside "spawn area" or something

When the game should literally be called hipfire, because ironsight is literally useless:rolleyes:

• Honestly most of the maps in this game are god awful for Secure Point. I think it has to do with more with that the gamemode itself flawed beyond belief and just irredeemably terrible. The gamemode shows its biggest flaws when you play on asymmetric maps like Outpost and Mart where one spawn is immediately right next to the point while the other spawns are very far away.

• rewarding more for playing the objective is something that has been mentioned on multiple threads and that it should be the main focus of the game mode. I've read similar suggestions also on other threads that have covered the same topic and they have been already passed on to the developers. Anyway, there's no eta for any of the mentioned changes and the developers will work down their stabilization priorities to finally bring the game out of beta first.

Greetings

• what kind of rewards do you think they should give to people playing the objective?

moreso how do you define whos playing the objetive? people who stay the longest on the secure point or including people who jump on the point for 2 seconds and then leave? the people who defuse/plant the bomb in S/D or including people who kill someone who tries to defuse/plant the bomb/etc

you arent exactly concrete on this idea

• The whole topic is kind of hit or miss in my opinion.

People who run around just fragging are actually helping you too since the enemies can't contest your point if they're all dying. You'd actually have way harder games without such people in your games. It's just the ratio of fraggers to objective captures that is the important thing. You can eliminate such problems if you party with people and have roles given to people and actually play/work as a team.

Bottom line is, I personally don't think someone should get less points for playing the fragging role as it's equally as important.

• The whole topic is kind of hit or miss in my opinion.

People who run around just fragging are actually helping you too since the enemies can't contest your point if they're all dying. You'd actually have way harder games without such people in your games. It's just the ratio of fraggers to objective captures that is the important thing. You can eliminate such problems if you party with people and have roles given to people and actually play/work as a team.

Bottom line is, I personally don't think someone should get less points for playing the fragging role as it's equally as important.

You have a point here. The problem is sometimes those players are "killing everyone" except for the enemies on the secure point, because they don't get there. So the one who gets to the secure point has to face like 3 or more enemies to take the point.

• Then why not (in secure point, ofc) that a normal kill counts 50 points, whereas a killing an enemy player off the point counts 120. At the same time, increase the points gained per second to 15 points instead of 10. Alongside this, kill an enemy player whos was attacking one of you teammates who was 5m in vicinity from the point will reward 85 points instead of 50.

• Then why not (in secure point, ofc) that a normal kill counts 50 points, whereas a killing an enemy player off the point counts 120. At the same time, increase the points gained per second to 15 points instead of 10. Alongside this, kill an enemy player whos was attacking one of you teammates who was 5m in vicinity from the point will reward 85 points instead of 50.

I like the idea/concept but I honestly don't think it would change the way in which people play to be honest. People who play TDM on an objective mode don't really care about being at the top of leader board, more about their ending KDA stat.