Loadout options: pick 10 system

• My first post here... First I reckon Ironsight is at least as good as earlier CoD games and far more satisfying in many ways than recent CoDs and many other FPS games, especially as Ironsight's still only in beta, so this isn't a complaint...just intended for constructive discussion.

Of all FPS games of this type, my favoured approach to setting up weapons and skills is the 'pick 10' system as used in various CoD versions. Why?

Mainly because I personally hardly ever use a secondary weapon and always preferred the option to add an additional attachment to my primary. Most people I've known over the years seem to prefer the 'pick 10' appproach as well...not because they prefer my setup, but because they feel it gives them greater choice and flexibility to suit the way thay like to play.

Snipers often think the secondary is essential, for faster movement and close combat...but the pick 10 system allows them to do this. Again, many people I know who want secondary weapons still prefer the 'pick 10' system.

To me, all other options systems feel too limiting and I find myself in the position I am now...none of the setups suit my style of play and I end up selecting things that therefore seem pointless.

My personal preference would be to throw all the weapons, attachments, skills, etc into a single grid and let the player pick 10. The permutations are enormous, the flexibility greatest, and the satisfaction goes to 11^^

This is my only issue with the game, other than I'm an ancient FPS player (from the early days of Quake 2 and Unreal tournament) and my reflexes and ability have diminished. I realise it's only one opinion, but I'd be interested to hear others' views. Other than than it's great to find a new online FPS I actually enjoy:)

• If that's the only issue you have with the game, then you obviously haven't experienced all the issues with it's net code yet.

Keep playing and I guarantee you will find a lot more issues than the game not having a pick 10 system.

And by the way, it's "only a beta version" of a previously full released Korean game, go figure...

Classic Darwin Method Contraception

• Erm...I don't get that...I mean for each player setup you pick 10 options from all the weapons and add-ons, power ups etc. The permutations are enormous.

Agreed!

Also I added that as a suggestion too...

Must Have Ideas! 😉👍 (I'll update as I come up with more!)

We dont have enough stuff to pick for 10

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Agreed!

Also I added that as a suggestion too...

Must Have Ideas! 😉👍 (I'll update as I come up with more!)

We dont have enough stuff to pick for 10

Sure we do... Add the ability to use more attachments. Like for example you could use a Viper Scope and a hair trigger and a precision barrel. Or add reflex sights to your Python...

I give two types of shots. Medical shots and gunshots! 8o

• We dont have enough stuff to pick for 10

Sure we do... Add the ability to use more attachments. Like for example you could use a Viper Scope and a hair trigger and a precision barrel. Or add reflex sights to your Python...

not much to change the dynamic of gameplay. In fact it may be too much. If u have 25 perks its fine

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• But we dont have much to pick from 10

Well then add a system where it's pick X and X > 10. Because I agree with OP. I don't even use secondary much, and I feel as if there's always time for me to reload with quick reload. I would definitely switch out a secondary for Marathon or extra equipment.

• You bring up some interesting points:

Based on 5 game modes, various maps and unpredictable wait/queue times the game loadouts seemed limited.

As a result, You are usually not with best loadout configuration. (unless you preselect one mode or two similar modes but then your game wait times goes up) Also, depending on team/game progression one may want to adjust loadout. I have one loadout just dedicated to S&D bc I use dedicated secondary and lethal options. (ie AK47 or ARX60 silencer, shotgun, mines, long ears, pouch etc)

I recommend to keep the 3 loadout presets minimum and all the weaponry options AND ADD option to tweak any time you spawn or/and at a dedicated map location. This allows you to have a loadout preference that meets individual style for game modes and maps. The penalty is game TIME you lose but you'll have a loadout hopefully to offset time lost/score potential loss.

Again, great point, my comments really for IRONSIGHT.. It is frustrating not having your best loadout configuration at/during game play..

• so like in mw2 with one man army, u changed to another loadout (or change a build) instantly (not when u die)? Pretty cheap when shotguns are buffed

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Honestly, I'd see where he is coming from if it was more like a Battlefield-style thing. You die, there is a timer before you can press the respawn button, and in that time before you spawn and after you die, you can edit your loadout. I like this style quite a bit, but honestly, having more than three loadouts is crucial.

• so like in mw2 with one man army, u changed to another loadout (or change a build) instantly (not when u die)? Pretty cheap when shotguns are buffed

Honestly, I'd see where he is coming from if it was more like a Battlefield-style thing. You die, there is a timer before you can press the respawn button, and in that time before you spawn and after you die, you can edit your loadout. I like this style quite a bit, but honestly, having more than three loadouts is crucial.

sounds like for noobs since they cant use ar or smg to flank in an open map for snipers.

Devs are working on having more than 3 classes. (Idk y all korean fps only gives u 3 classes)

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Honestly, I'd see where he is coming from if it was more like a Battlefield-style thing. You die, there is a timer before you can press the respawn button, and in that time before you spawn and after you die, you can edit your loadout. I like this style quite a bit, but honestly, having more than three loadouts is crucial.

sounds like for noobs since they cant use ar or smg to flank in an open map for snipers.

Devs are working on having more than 3 classes. (Idk y all korean fps only gives u 3 classes)

lmao what? changing your weapon during downtime is for noobs?

• Weird...I just added something to this thread...a thread I started...and was blocked because it said I used 2 rude words. In fact i didn't. the words in question just happened to be be part of perfectly ordinary non-rude words and tbh I couldn't see where one of them was used! What kind of algorithm they using here?

Anyway...I wanted to say that I think everyone has moved away from my original point. Not that it matters...no one pays attention to these comments anyway.

My experience on this forum has been very limited but it already tells me a lot about the players and the people making the game.

Bottom line is that it's free and quite good fun. But I won't pay to play.

My last post...I'm sure I won't be missed.

• the forum censoring has always been a little weird. We also get hit by it...

You can be sure though that we've read your suggestions and if the others are straying away from your topic, poke us and we'll get it back on track ^^

• sounds like for noobs since they cant use ar or smg to flank in an open map for snipers.

lmao what? changing your weapon during downtime is for noobs?

g3d gud if u didnt have any build set for a specific map prior to starting the match :)

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif