How To Report Offensive Usernames?

• Simple question:

How can players report users with offensive in-game usernames like

ShowerTImeJews ?

Why is there only a "block" but no "report" button in game for usernames like the above example or people using racist language in chat?

Classic Darwin Method Contraception

• It's probably due to the weekend and probably also rather random, but I've stumbled into a whole bunch of offensive usernames today.

Basically any username with the word Jews is obviously used in an antisemitic manner, but there are also names like "MurderBlacks" and others.

In addition to that there are of course also less obvious and more hidden "offensive" usernames such as "GasGasGas" for example whose users then often write antisemitic comments in local chat that then get very obviously offensive when put into context with the username.

And there are of course also usernames which obscure the offensive term by using numbers or other characters such as "N4ZI"

It's really just too much work and a really annoying hassle to file a full report on each and any of these names encountered.

I'm by no means left or Antifa, but the amount of racist and "n4zi" players and usernames in this game is starting to get really sickening!

Ironsight REALLY needs to do something about this and should certainly put more effort and time into banning these names and behaviors!

The lack of a report button in this context is EXTREMELY disappointing in my view and I urge Ironsight to take this problem extremely serious and urge them to reimplement a report function AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

This should really have a higher priority than a lot of other things announced in the community update lists!

And for the time being, as long as the report button is down, I strongly recommend the Ironsight Team spend some time on preemptively checking for obviousy offensive usernames manually.

It really shouldn't be too hard to search username databases for key terms commonly appearing in offensive usernames like "Jew", "jews", "blacks", "white", "supremacy" "Gas" and the based on a quick manual case by case analysis, banning these names and their accounts from the game.

The game being in open Beta stage is really no excuse at all for making it nearly impossible for users to report offensive usernames or hate speech!

And calling it open Beta test also clearly won't help Ironsight Team in any potential legal matters possibly arising sooner or later from the current "neglect" of providing functional report tools (and taking immediate and appropriate actions whenever there are reports). ...Just saying.

And @ the forum members, please consider to take screenshots and consider reporting offensive names and users when you encounter them in game, even though it currently really is an absolutely unacceptable hassle and procedure Ironsight requires us to go through, in order to report them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Contraception ().

• I agree with this. Also imagine that kids will be playing this game because its f2p. Seeing these names will make them think its "cool" to use them, and they will start using these too. Not to mention what might happen when they use them in front of their parents. Would like to see some action against these names ASAP

• Nevermind what I wrote here earlier.

It appears, as if the only action taken on the reported usernames and the antisemitic chat comment I reported with a screenshot as evidence is forcing the players to change the names.

Seems as if none of the accounts have been banned from the game!

If this is really the only form of action taken by Ironsight team in those cases, then that's effectively really not enforcing anything in a Free to play game!

That's merely a poor form of "catering" to a certain base of offensive antisemitic, toxic and racist users instead!

• Just passing by, Contraception we are aware of this and we are working on improving the word filters (in chat) but also the name filtering. We do agree with you that some names should never be allowed and this should be restricted.

This is a currently a work in progress.

We do take measures against these names/accounts.

• Just passing by, Contraception we are aware of this and we are working on improving the word filters (in chat) but also the name filtering. We do agree with you that some names should never be allowed and this should be restricted.

This is a currently a work in progress.

We do take measures against these names/accounts.

I appreciate that, and at first I was positively surprised how quick the Ironsight team acted on my reports.

...Until on a second look I realized all the users I had reported are still in my blocked list, only with different callsigns.

Seriously blocking usernames is only HALF of the necessary action.

I'm aware this is a free to play game and banning often does not help and achieve much, but merely just making users with clearly racist and antisemitic usernames and in one case with screen shot evidence of an antisemitic chat posting only change the callsign isn't going to achieve anything.

In fact it will only encourage them to continue.

And I'm only talking about clearly racist and anti-Semitic hate speech comments and names, not the regular toxic cyberbullying style of chat that amounts up to half if not 70% of team and common chat. I really don't have a problem with all that common toxicity even thought it's not a nice thing, but the examples I reported are WAY beyond crossing a red line.

I naturally don't have the rock solid evidence to prove what I am saying now (because I can only report on what I can personally see) and I fully understand and accept that support won't inform anyone on the individual actions taken.

But asfar as I can tell and as it appears, changing the callsign without purchasing the according item in the store is really all the visible "hard" action taken in these cases. And if that is so, then I must say that is completely unacceptable!

I'm sorry to have to say it that way, but sadly there is really NO way around it!

If Ironsight doesn't act harshly and shuts down accounts and bans players for those excessive and radical types of violations of the TOS I adressed here, then Ironsight is effectively in fact only more or less catering" and "comforting" them!

The current situation in this matter is not just a problem, it seriously is a real DISASTER!

I can only wonder and shake my head in disbelief on what more a user obviously "needs" to do to get himself banned, if not for the things that I reported them for.

And all this certainly fits awfully well into explaining another experience I just had the other day.

An Experience where a user "brags" on in the common lobby chat how he only plays Ironsight because he got himself banned from other games for repeatedly using the N... word too often!

Go figure...

• I appreciate that, and at first I was positively surprised how quick the Ironsight team acted on my reports.

...Until on a second look I realized all the users I had reported are still in my blocked list, only with different callsigns.

There are still some actions you can't see from your side.

Anyway, we will keep fighting this kind of behavior. And we would like to thank you for the feedback you provided regarding this matter.

We will discuss this within the team and see how we can move forward and adopt a better system/solution about this.

Please feel free to take screenshots of those names and to report them as you already did. This is very helpful for us.