[Suggestion] Incendiary Bomb Visual Change

• Hello!

Just a quick small suggestion ^^

It would be amazing if there was some sort of indication visually to know which team threw the incendiary bombs. At the moment its impossible to actually know if it's from your team or the enemy and this shouldn't be the case. Since you have to actually run into it to see if it damages you or completely avoid it, it's kind of frustrating at times to have to take a completely different route if you don't want to risk taking free damage by running through it.

Could maybe just have a simple blue/red circle around it (similar to the visuals indicators of grenades) so it's there but subtle and wont be too distracting.

Thanks for reading!

• Just run through it to see if it does damage! :*

• Not bad

1svuf1.jpg

• When I saw the thread title I thought it's about the really ugly and cheap crappy look of the flame effects.

But about visualizing what teams flames they are, I must say I tend to disagree.

Yes it would naturally be useful for players, but in terms of gameplay I personally think it's actually better not to visualize what team's flames they are.

I just personally think it only adds to the fun and gameplay not visualizing.

This game basically has too much reconnaissance and warnings supporting the player already anyways.

There's hardly much room for creative and surprising gameplay already!

This is actually the one of the main aspects I personally really dislike about this game, because it makes gameplay so "one dimensional".

Just too much reconnaissance and enemy awareness in addition to drones that are very useful for the users, but sadly rather bad for overall gameplay. The available drones players can use effectively almost "sabotage" all the game modes missions, as they turn nearly every game mode available to choose from into dull variations of "Team Death Match" where the few "fools" playing the objective for the team just get punished and in the end not even rewarded with an honorable mention of MVP in the celebration screen.

In terms of game play design, the currently available drones are just not really compatible with the offered game modes and maps.

But back to the flame effects:

Make them look better, but let the flames scare all the cowards off and reward the few brave who test them when it's their own teams flames!

Classic Darwin Method Contraception

The post was edited 1 time, last by Contraception ().

• So basically you're saying... you don't want gameplay/feel improvements... you want fancier flames...?

giphy.webp

• He said "But about visualizing what teams flames they are, I must say I tend to disagree.

Yes it would naturally be useful for players, but in terms of gameplay I personally think it's actually better not to visualize what team's flames they are."
    He just thinks the way you dont know which teams flames they are make the game more immersive.

Which is stupid cuz the game is an multiplayer experience that needs gameplay changes and not immersime gameplay that singleplayer games are known for.

• No, not at all, DUH!

I'm saying I disagree and believe in the end and overall it is indeed BETTER for the game and gameplay if the teammates can not just see what team's incendiary grenade's flames those are!

Weapons happen to have (and they need to have) advantages as well as disadvantages over other alternatives.

And I happen to believe that the aspect of team mates not being able to see what teams flames they are, actually is a very good and very mild disadvantage that comes with using this weapon and the suggested change would actually come with bigger downsides for the user of the incendiary grenade!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Contraception ().

• Shouldnt be a ince. most likely a zoning granate?

Without any indicator it is going to zone your own team lol.

So what? What's so horrible about it?

As I just wrote in the other answer, weapons have and need to have advantages and disadvantages over alternative weapons. And zoning the own teammates is a very good and mild disadvantage for an incendiary grenade.

If you drop an incendiary grenade where you stand you kill yourself. You only don't hurt your own teammates, so players can't sabotage their own team.

If the player who throws the grenade can't walk into the flames himself, and thereby zones himself - why on earth should his own teammates be informed that his own flames harming himself don't harm them instead? Just so they can take advantage over him and walk into the flames where he can't get unharmed and score whatever points they can score that he can't? They'll even run in just to "steal his kills".

If team mates get to see the flames are not harmful to them, then they can and will take advantage whenever possible and in the end such a change would actually end up "punishing" the user of the grenade. And we all here know how egoistic the player community in this game is, when playing the game and how little team play there is.

You can all here disagree with me, that's fine. As I said and explained with my arguments, I believe that in the end overall the suggestion would turn out to being a rather bad idea for gameplay!

The post was edited 3 times, last by Contraception ().

• So basically you're saying... you don't want gameplay/feel improvements... you want fancier flames...?

giphy.webp

He said "But about visualizing what teams flames they are, I must say I tend to disagree.

Yes it would naturally be useful for players, but in terms of gameplay I personally think it's actually better not to visualize what team's flames they are."
    He just thinks the way you dont know which teams flames they are make the game more immersive.

Which is stupid cuz the game is an multiplayer experience that needs gameplay changes and not immersime gameplay that singleplayer games are known for

What's really STUPID is calling other peoples arguments stupid, without even fully understanding what effects the suggested change has yourself.

• I like to discuss in the forum and i dont have anything personal against Contraception but can u not write a block everytime :l?

Dont be mad about it but cmon keep it short and juicy.

If you don't like what and how I write, don't read it!

This answer short enough for you?

• Back on topic pls.

If you can't take criticism its not my problem i told you to not take it personally.

Oh I can take criticism, but I reserve the right to accept it by whomever and whenever I want. Some people like the way I write some don't.

Some people here have a longer attention span, some don't.

Your criticism has been noted, and you might be surprised that I didn't take it personal.

Still I'm not planning to change my style.

But you asked for a short and juicy answer, so that's what you got.

So back on topic then:

Go ahead feel free to contribute something substantial to the topic for a change, because so far you really haven't.

The last substantial argument on topic here in this discussion happens to be my answer to an earlier posting of yours on the other hand.