I was playing Iron Sight for some time now and I have some opinions and suggestions now. It wasn't very long time, but I think it's enough to give some feedback.
Bugs/issues I encountered:
1. Main issue is ofc netcode (dying behind a wall or getting killed and killing at the same time), but as this has already been adressed in dev posts I won't talk about it.
2. I don't know why, but sometimes I get random freezes when I die, somebody calls in a streak etc. (my hands and weapon "freeze" in air) and after 2 - 3 sec I see myself dead. Not sure if my HDD issue or just something with the game loading in assets.
1. Some weapons are too good, for example, snipers, but this was also adressed by devs. I'd suggest to take some for their mobility out, increase ADS time or make an accuracy penalty for sniping on the go. On the other hand, some weapons are underpowered. I bought a SPAS recently and I was really surprised I can't one-shoot guys at point-blank range, especially that the damage chart states it has 100 damage, while some snipers have even less damage and still drop people thru the entire map.
2. In my opinion there is ongoing issue with weapon range. I understand that SMGs should be worse on longer distances, but ARs require a lot of shoots to drop somebody when he is further away. Making range less penalized can also be a good way to counter snipers while they reload. Now, even if they miss the first shoot and you place all your shoots from AR, they can take a second one before you drop them from a distance.
3. Weapon attachments seem very underwhelming. When my weapon has 55 range, what does it change to stack on a barrel that increases the range by 1 point? It's less that 2% increase, which won't even matter. IMO the only useful attachments are the laser sight (the biggest increase of all the attachments), silencer and various scopes, depends on what a player likes. The attachments should provide significant differences to how the weapons behave, not just be a decoration.
4. Skills are okay in most cases, but I feel like some of them doesn't work or are too weak. For example the one decreasing recoil seems like it does nothing for me, or I am just unlucky with the recoil pattern.
5. The domination, same as resource takeover gametypes have a big problem - sometimes, when enemy team is heavily in the lead, you just can't win, so you are just waiting to lose. For example, when enemies are in the lead and the timer is 5 seconds and my team wipes them all out and starts capping at full, 6 people team, we still lose cos the timer runs out. Make it the same as in frontline, so the timer extends till all contesting allies won't get killed. As for resource takeover, there is also a timer which sometimes makes it impossible to win. When there is a big lead there just isn't enough time to spawn enough sentinels and ripers even if we get all the resources to win, which makes playing the game redundant as it's already lost.
1. What is the point of the weapon repairing? It is just a constant need to spend GPs; the prices aren't so high, so I just think what is the point of that in the heads of devs.
2. I'm afraid about the bullet attachments to the weapons. Soft point bullets clearly give some advantage, as they make the enemy flinch more. Now it doesn't matter that much, because the netcode gonna get us killed both anyways, but later, when better internet code will be in, it can be a big issue in a fight between player with and without the attachment.
EDIT: 3. Yeah one more thing - why not replace the clearly "CoD"-type ping bars with normal numbers? I get that it is done just to keep people from being angry at others playing from foreign regions, but the bars are useless; just delete them as a whole or just make them informational.
That's all I have for now. I'm sure some of the issues were already posted somewhere, but I wanted to get it all from my perspective. I hope all you guys, as well as the community managers join the discussion and pass some of the ideas/problems to the devs.
See you on the field.