I feel the sniper is weak

• (First of all, because I am not good at English, there may be a part which is hard to understand. sorry.):(

I use Sniper because I like it, but I feel that Sniper is very weak compared to Assault Rifle.

In this game, the movement is fast, I feel that it is basic technique to find and defeat opponents quickly.

However, the scope of the sniper is always shaking.

It is difficult to shoot and target quickly moving enemies.

Unlike an assault rifle, a sniper has no speed of fire.

Even if a bullet hit, the enemy sometimes never dies with a single shot. Then they will soon escape.

I feel that in this game the sniper is made to stay at one place and continue shooting to defeat the enemy.

However, in most maps there are risks for sniper troops to stay. An enemy with an assault rifle will soon come around.

Therefore, assault life is overwhelmingly strong, and sniper is hard to use.

In order to improve the balance, I feel at least it is better to eliminate the swing of the scope.

If possible, I think that a sniper rifle that can demonstrate its power even if a bullet hits a part of the enemy's body can exist.8)

(In that case, slow down the loading speed of that weapon and slow down the speed of shooting the next bullet.

Change the status other than the other sniper rifles and power.)

• Snipers are fine as they are, even better, they are too good just cus of other weapons range sucks major b*lls. You cant fight them at long range with expectation of killing them. And they are basically 1shot on chest and head on all ranges when other weapons take whole mag or more. On top of that armor penetration bullets make you 1shot people through a thin ish walls or big boxes. Since we are on bullet types now, remove them pls, game would be better without them :)

• I assume the opening post is probably talking about the semi auto sniper rifles and might not have played with the Blaser or DSR-1 much yet.

All the semi automatic rifles in this game are indeed very weak guns, including the sniper ones!

LMG's like an MG3 with a scope are actually about just as, if not even more effective, for sniping than the semi auto sniper rifles like the CF-X50.

The bolt action sniper rifles on the other hand are really somewhat overpowered.

Their TTK is unbeatable and especially the DSR-1 reloads much too fast!

By the time a user of a CF-X50 fired enough well aimed shots to kill someone the DSR-1 is already reloaded and ready to kill again.

And a sniper using the semi auto rifle has to land two or three hits, which naturally is of course two or three times as hard to do, especially on moving opponents.

I personally have a MUCH higher KDA with the DSR-1 than with any other gun, but I haven't used it for close combat shotgun sniping much yet.

But my KDA with the DSR1 is more than twice and almost three times as good as with the CF-X50.

And no, the DSR-1 really doesn't require all that much skill because the one hit kill area of chest is relatively large and the rifle reloads quick enough to land a second hit, even when the target reacts and sees you and fires back.

Classic Darwin Method Contraception

• And no, the DSR-1 really doesn't require all that much skill because the one hit kill area of chest is relatively large and the rifle reloads quick enough to land a second hit, even when the target reacts and sees you and fires back.

This is wrong. Unless the range is waaay far, or they simply can't aim for shet. You rarely even have time to whip out your secondary to finish off a hitmarker, before you drop dead.

By the time a user of a CF-X50 fired enough well aimed shots to kill someone the DSR-1 is already reloaded and ready to kill again.

Ive died multiple times to the cf, and can almost 100% say that you can't. If he hits all his shots, you wont have time to do a follow up shot. This is, if both him and you see eachother the same time, and have the same reaction time.

especially the DSR-1 reloads much too fast!

Again, it really doesn't.

• especially the DSR-1 reloads much too fast!

Do you mean the DSR1's bolting speed? If so, its actually pretty slow.

If you mean reload speed, Then let me say that the DSR reloads and becomes fire ready in 3.4 seconds. For comparism, the BlaserR93 reloads and becomes fire ready in 3.5 seconds. the K2C reloads and becomes fire ready in around 3.3 seconds.

In other words, I wouldn't say that the DSR reloads very fast, unless if you are using the quick reload perk.

• I already use Blazer and DSR.

It's Main Weapon.

Reloading is very slow.

Moreover, since it closes the scope once after shooting it is also difficult to aim.

I am already dead then.

• I already use Blazer and DSR.

It's Main Weapon.

Reloading is very slow.

Moreover, since it closes the scope once after shooting it is also difficult to aim.

I am already dead then.

I think you need to play a little bit more the game..^^ I dont mean this in a nasty way but with the Actionbolt + "Quickscope" perk both snipers are in a very strong position.

Did you try both together on the snipers yet?

• "Quickscope"?

Is that about "QuickAim"?

Then I already use it.

If you think that the Actionbolt is a bolt action rifle, even if you add them, the speed of shooting the second bullet will not be faster.

In addition, since the scope shakes, it is more difficult to hit the second bullet against the enemy.

It's lucky to hit the first bullet ...

(It may be a little emotional sentence)

• If you can't do well with such a strong weapon like the blaser maybe you're just not very good at first person shooters. The first time I picked it up as someone who doesn't snipe, I got mvp on winning team.

• If you can't do well with such a strong weapon like the blaser maybe you're just not very good at first person shooters. The first time I picked it up as someone who doesn't snipe, I got mvp on winning team.

/\ this. My first game of Iron Sight was with the 7-day Blaster and it's my best KDA ratio to this day; since then I was using mainly ARs and was trading kills cos of the netcode issues.

• Does that mean we get a machine sniper rifle gun O:

This thread has too many problem... smh

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

The post was edited 1 time, last by Misfire ().

• I can say that Snipers are really not in a weak spot at the moment.

The DSR and Blaser (Although, to my knowledge the blaser more than the dsr) are actually pretty dominant.

I would be interesting to see global weapon stats of all users to see which weapon has the highest average KD.

My bet is that both, DSR and Blaser make the top ten, alongside the scar, the AK and the AR57.

To give you tips though:
    Use lower powered scopes. I use a 5x scope on my DSR and I like it. The only time I wish I had more zoom is on outpost.

• I want to adress a few points here, simply out of emotional investment:

1: I will chalk this up to netcode, but as it currently stands, I have multiple instances recorded in which a sniper misses his first shot completely, I shoot (and hit) multiple rounds at ~30 meters and he still kills me in a single hit despite the supposed screenshake he should be dealing with, but isnt due to netcode.

2: the auto snipers are weak with one exception. Thermal scope plus hair trigger turns my dragunov from almost useless into a usefull CQB weapon due to the two hit kill at a reasonable rpm. At longer ranges, assuming equal ability to aim, the semi auto will always lose unless its a duel in an open field. Then, and only then, does the auto sniper gain the advantage.

3: The DSR rechamber animation is very very fast compared to other games.

My guess to the RPM of the DSR and blaser is that they are around 50-60, maybe even higher. Comparable games have lowered the RPM of sniper rifles to around 35 to 40.

if we are talking about the reload animation, I would agree with you though. The reload of the DSR is slow. As is the blaser.

• 1: I will chalk this up to netcode, but as it currently stands, I have multiple instances recorded in which a sniper misses his first shot completely, I shoot (and hit) multiple rounds at ~30 meters and he still kills me in a single hit despite the supposed screenshake he should be dealing with, but isnt due to netcode.

Bad aim. I rarely win a fight if i miss my first shot. I guess there must be a hidden matchmaking system and i only get matched with people of high and similar skill to me.

2: the auto snipers are weak with one exception. Thermal scope plus hair trigger turns my dragunov from almost useless into a usefull CQB weapon due to the two hit kill at a reasonable rpm. At longer ranges, assuming equal ability to aim, the semi auto will always lose unless its a duel in an open field. Then, and only then, does the auto sniper gain the advantage.

No. At range you're still dead if they can hit their shots with auto sniper.

My guess to the RPM of the DSR and blaser is that they are around 50-60

That would be 1 shot per second, and even questioning that they could be even higher is stupid. They're not.

• Okay, first off:
    chalking the fact that the netcode and/or lack of flinch makes snipers borderline op up to my lack of skill is borderline insulting.

As for the other points that you dismissed with a single sentence, there is no instance in which an autosniper wins against a bolt. not a single one if both hit their first shot.

And the RPM for bolt actions is that high. COD has reduced the RPM of their rifles in recent games down to 40-50.

That is absolutely sufficient and the RPM on Ironsights rifles is just too high.

But I guess I should iterate this further.

The fact that at 20 meters of range in a battle without cover, you have very few ARs that can win a battle against a sniper in terms of raw TTK is disturbing to say the least.

Factor in cover and a well positioned sniper can win any duel at any range.

If we were strictly talking long (50+ meter) range combat, I would be fine with that. While I am really annoyed by dying to snipers in every corner in downtown and outpost, they deserve to shine there.

However when the sniper rifle still works better than the AR or SMG on cloud9, we have an issue and a big one at that.

As it currently stands, there is no reason to use other weapons with some notable exceptions.

These exceptions are:
    -The SCAR for having a highly competetive long range damage potential and good CQB power

-The AUG for having a ridiculously long 4 hit kill range of almost 30 meters

-The Vector for having the fastest CQB TTK (but is incredibly weak past 15 meters)

These three guns can compete with the Blaser and DSR at the moment.

I cannot stress this any further without getting insulting, but the weapon balance, whether it is due to the networking (which is being worked on) or the internal characteristics of the guns is currently incredibly off in favor of the snipers.

You can stress about "I did not hit my first shot, now I am dead" all you want but you should consider that missing your first shot is detrimental on every weapon.

Admittedly, a followup shot at 600 RPM comes quicker than at 60, but that is not really a problem when you are semicompetent in using cover.

• As for the other points that you dismissed with a single sentence, there is no instance in which an autosniper wins against a bolt. not a single one if both hit their first shot.

Actually there is. Hitting a shot means anywhere on the body. Both could get a hitmark, but that auto sniper can fire again for the finishing hit way quicker than a bolt thus winning the trade.