Steam release?

• i really hope it doesnt come out on steam but rather that it should stay on its own web page...

the reason im saying this is cause my dad wont let me download steam on his PC and i have been looking for games that dont require it.

• i really hope it doesnt come out on steam but rather that it should stay on its own web page...

the reason im saying this is cause my dad wont let me download steam on his PC and i have been looking for games that dont require it.

Relax that doesnt mean it will be steam only , the point was when it will be released on steam too (both steam and non steam for your understanding)

• Well for some people that wont be a such of an issue if they really like the game , for donators im sure they can find a way to make them happy.I i dont understand what is so hard to take it allover again , its not taking so long at all.And like i said no one force you to play steam only , you can keep playing on non steam , if that is so much problem for you.

• I imagine it will be like Warframe (has a Steam version as well as a standalone client) where there won't be a need for data migration or anything. All it would mean is that Steam will launch the same patcher/login client we currently have and then hook the Steam overlay into the game once it's started.

There won't be a separate version of the game, it just means people can find and download it on Steam (as well as leave reviews, which is why I imagine the devs want the game to be polished before they put it out there) and reap the benefits of Steam integration if they so choose.

• Right, lets release the game to steam so it gains more attention it needs with the current state it's in so it can get trashed to the public on social media.

The player count will drop from the back-lash it's getting to the public. The 'Netcode' (which is the dumbest blanket term) is horrific. A single update of a game simulation is known as a tick. The rate at which the simulation is run on a server is referred often to as the server's tick-rate; this is essentially the server equivalent of a client's frame rate, absent any rendering system. They need to compensate for this issue we all struggle and maybe once it's buffed up, should they think about releasing to steam.

• Right, lets release the game to steam so it gains more attention it needs with the current state it's in so it can get trashed to the public on social media.

The player count will drop from the back-lash it's getting to the public. The 'Netcode' (which is the dumbest blanket term) is horrific. A single update of a game simulation is known as a tick. The rate at which the simulation is run on a server is referred often to as the server's tick-rate; this is essentially the server equivalent of a client's frame rate, absent any rendering system. They need to compensate for this issue we all struggle and maybe once it's buffed up, should they think about releasing to steam.

you are making some HEAVY assumptions here, almost portraying steam users as evil boogeymens.

Negative nancies will be negative nancies, releasing it on Steam wont deduct from the game, if anything, it will give it more exposure, something that this game painfully needs.

Also for the most part the game has been getting pretty positive reviews, so im not sure why are you so scared.

• What does the game need more exposure for? So it can gain a larger viewing on other players aspect of view on the game? So it can gain a larger audience just until people grow tired of dealing with latency issues and drop more. This game Rates will climb for a few weeks/months and then drop harder. Line of Sight had the same issue with their latency - March 2017; 2,000 players capped every day.. June 2018, 150 players capped. I'm not assuming a patch won't come out one day for their net code extravaganza, but going to steam isn't a priority that is needed. A new map update isn't priority, new skins aren't priority. Communication and the server to client issue is priority. They've already taken affect with the community survey which is a big hope. We'll see what happens.

• i really hope there will be a way to migrate our aeria data to the steam version and not having to restart from scratch if we want to play it on Steam

When Aeria put games on steam they leave standalone version available too ^^

There will be no need to transfer any data or anything like this, and you can even link your steam account with your aeria account if you wish to do so