I just found out about Ironsight a couple of days ago and I must say it’s a very good game which captures all the things I like about arcade-like FPS games. For a free game it’s very reasonable and I love the system it employs, it never feels like something you want is out of reach behind pay-walls which is extremely refreshing given other f2p games hound you for money. If this game was going for a full release I’d happily pay £20-£30 for the experience (given that the f2p elements are removed in favour of levelling like in typical triple-A titles). So good job developers!
I have noticed a couple of things I’d like to address, nothing major but I would hope these would be implemented ASAP given they would be small but necessary changes.
Changes that I think should be made:
1. Health regen should be slightly faster (maybe 10% faster by default)
2. You should be allowed to change your class during game starting intermission
3. There should be progress bars around your gun within the loadout screen to show you the current level progress your weapon is at
4. Like for quad and penta-kills, double and triple kills should have their own medals
5. When you are killed by another player it should show you on screen the health of the player who killed you at that time
Like I said, there’s nothing major I think you devs got it spot on so far. Just for polishing purposes. 😊
I also have some suggestions for the game which I would hope you devs would implement:
1. An ability to create custom content – this seems like a game I’d LOVE to make content for, I’m experienced in CoD’s Radiant mapping tool and I would love to contribute to the project by making some sort of content. 😊 (might be a little bit wishful thinking lol)
I believe that this system should be adopted when thinking of community content:
a. Only allow custom maps to be hosted on custom matches
b. If a map is popular enough then it could be chosen (e.g. in an event of some kind) to be in the official rotation
2. I see that there are 2 missing game-mode slots in the menus so I have some ideas for modes that you could implement:
a. Infected – A classic in the modern FPS genre, one person at random is chosen to be infected with only a knife and possible a tactical grenade and when they kill a member of the “survivors” team they too become infected. Game ends when either time runs out (survivors win) or everyone is infected (infected win).
b. Domination – A simple mode which is very well known. Three flags around the map and each team is tasked with capturing them all, for each flag captured the capture team receives 1 point every 3 seconds. Game ends when a score limit is reached or time limit expires.
c. Deathzone Express (a WIP title haha) – An idea inspired by the “Cranked” game-mode from the modern warfare series. Essentially, each person has a 10-15 second timer before they automatically die. For every kill a person gets they receive 5 seconds bonus time, they also receive a boost in health per kill (not max health). Game ends after time limit expires and whoever gets the most kills is the winner.
d. Deathmatch – Simple classic FPS mode where instead of teams it’s simply a big free-for-all, could be an easy mode to implement for fun.
I hope the devs look at my feedback and I’ll happily clarify anything if it’s not clear 😊.
Thank you for reading, keep it up devs!