Your netcode sucks a huge duck

• seems like your ping is to high. arlight64

fix your internet and you will have less issues.

I play from Asia. 250 ping is bae to me right now XD. But I never saw someone flying in the sky before.

arlight64 restart your router. And don't complain about netcode anymore since the development team already know this, and you know that they know. I believe you do not have patience. Raging won't speed this up.

• LAL 120 ping and you don't think that's causing problems?

Also what do you mean by 40-120. Thats a pretty big difference for ping. Do you get loss? because if so, then that's also causing problems.

• Wait guys, you want to tell me that you didnt encounter players who fly in the air?

On Dam its funny as hell, player flying over water far far away. And takes damage when you shoot him. Happens regulary.

My ping is 23 - 40

• mxhc I saw ALL players flying over the water in Dam map once, but that was right before I got disconnected, and they dont die when I shoot them.This does not happen regularly in my end. I never saw players to fly when at a stable 270 ping. Did see a video of it though XD.

• To make this clear:

Everything over 30ms Ping is bad and you lagg.

Not really true. You can play fairly well even with 50-55 if the game is well optimized. The real lag starts from 70 and above. Ofc the lowest the better.

In this case dying behind walls is a constant and people flying in the air often happens too.

My ping stays between 21 and 29.

Hopefully they switch to UDP soon in first place.

• Pan1994 Switching to UDP won't fix the problem on its own, because you will start seeing players teleporting instead of phasing through walls. The main thing thats killing people around corners is the sluggish movement update rate. (i.e. other players are seeing and shooting your past position). Gunfire update rate is fine however.

• Pan1994 Switching to UDP won't fix the problem on its own, because you will start seeing players teleporting instead of phasing through walls. The main thing thats killing people around corners is the sluggish movement update rate. (i.e. other players are seeing and shooting your past position). Gunfire update rate is fine however.

Yes ofc, but switching to UDP is the first step for a decent netcode. A good netcode is not possible on TCP because we're talking of a real time application.

• Yes ofc, but switching to UDP is the first step for a decent netcode. A good netcode is not possible on TCP because we're talking of a real time application.

TCP isn't evil for real time application, and I think it could work if there were enough regions and they don't allow players above a certain ping.

UDP is more common and more widely used, but as pings get lower and lower, it means bascially nothing different, just a slightly different way to play.
    And tbh I enjoy being able to actually play a game on 200+ ping for once, where even if I'm dead before Ive seen the person, I at least have a chance of getting a kill.

• Yes ofc, but switching to UDP is the first step for a decent netcode. A good netcode is not possible on TCP because we're talking of a real time application.

TCP isn't evil for real time application, and I think it could work if there were enough regions and they don't allow players above a certain ping.

UDP is more common and more widely used, but as pings get lower and lower, it means bascially nothing different, just a slightly different way to play.
    And tbh I enjoy being able to actually play a game on 200+ ping for once, where even if I'm dead before Ive seen the person, I at least have a chance of getting a kill.

But on the other side, this means I'm going to receive damage from you even after I already killed you or after I took cover behind a wall. That's not the way it's supposed to work. If someone has a high ping, it should not ruin the gaming experience for everyone but just for him.

I know what it's like to play on 150+ ping because I used to in the past but that's not a good point for keeping TCP.

If a package is lost, TCP will make sure you receive it, that means someone can kill you seconds after you killed him. That's why TCP can't be the way to go for FPS games and no one except Wiple games would even think about using it.

• But on the other side, this means I'm going to receive damage from you even after I already killed you or after I took cover behind a wall. That's not the way it's supposed to work. If someone has a high ping, it should not ruin the gaming experience for everyone but just for him.

I know what it's like to play on 150+ ping because I used to in the past but that's not a good point for keeping TCP.

If a package is lost, TCP will make sure you receive it, that means someone can kill you seconds after you killed him. That's why TCP can't be the way to go for FPS games and no one except Wiple games would even think about using it.

But on both our screens we both played perfectly, and we both won the fight. Why should I be punished if I played as well as you. The high ping player is still disadvantaged over the low ping, its just that disadvantage is not as major as it would be on UDP. I'm fine with UDP, but what I'm not fine with is UDP and being forced to play 200 ping. If we had aus servers then I don't care what we have, as like I said the difference means nothing, but until we don't have to say #OCEplease id really prefer sticking with TCP.

Bascially all im trying to say is

its not TCP thats the problem, its the people playing from far away.
    please no UDP before AUS servers.

My ping is always changing in range 40-120

That's why the game is appearing as everyone lagging. They arn't lagging its you. Your net shouldn't be changing that much. Do this and tell us if you get any packet loss.

https://freeola.com/line-test/