The Future of Ironsight

• Hello everyone. I apologize for a 2nd thread so soon. I recently talked to a person from Ironsight. I want to combine that with my knowledge of the game, and community thus far. I am hoping to receive clarification if I misunderstood anything. Let me start with the goals of Ironsight as I understand it (so far):

-Competitive in the future (possibly E-Sports)

-Close Partnership or ties to the Streaming community

-Fun game with a good community

Am I correct with the above? If so, here is my thoughts
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It is a good goal for a game, to be competitive. There is not that many Free to Play competitive games out there. Ironsight has that going for it. With a game being Free to Play, it means anyone has the ability to train for it. Any of the competitive players out there can switch to this game, and not worry about spending more money. You would be amazed at how much money some E-Sports players have spent in to their games

However there is an issue with this. As it stands, the Twitch community seems to be divided. One side sees this as a F2P CoD clone, and refuses to touch it. The other side says it isn't competitive enough for them

Then there is the state of the game currently. With the way things are, people are not interested in team work. Any of the E-Sports games will require some team work to an extent. I will share some examples as to what I am referring to. I was E Sports for CS 1.6, and many other games. I was in competitive tournaments for Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield (back then E-Sports was not a thing)

In Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield, I was known as the "Breacher". I wore heavy armor, and used a Shotgun, or Riot shield+pistol. Whatever my load out was, the entire goal was for me to die for the team. Rushing in to a door is the hardest thing. By using myself as a shield, I gave my team more of a chance to win an Assault

In that scenario, Team Work was vital. I had to know things like when to crouch, and when to stand. Sometimes my team mates would override my decisions because they see something I don't. If I was told "stand up" my finger IMMEDIATELY came off the Ctrl key. No questions asked. That is because I had COMPLETE trust in my team

In CS 1.6 it was more of a run and gun. There was not as much Team Work involved. I had to know the map so I could call out enemy positions, or help a Team mate if they called for it. Knowing my Team Mates helped with target acquisition. Example: I knew "Wolf" (that was her nickname) was pro at medium to long range combat. If I turned a corner, and saw Wolf engaging, I would immediately target the closest person, and let her handle the long range engagement. That is another case of complete trust in my team mates
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With both examples brought up, I would like to leave a discussion for this community. This is something you can talk about now, and until the game is complete (this game still needs a lot of work). Where do you want Ironsight to end up? Do you want it to be like the Counter Strike 1.6 example? Or Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield? (for competitive)

Me personally, I always appreciated games with more team work involvement. It is true it does increase your chances of losing in certain scenarios but, it gave me more flexibility (in team work and load out). In the Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield Scenario, if I was the last one standing, I was ok with that. I am a defensive player. I am at home behind a shield, or thick armor. I rarely lost an engagement when it was brought to me on my "home turf"
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Reaching out the Streaming community is another good goal. This is something you have to be careful with though. It can help your game or hurt it. Here is how

There is a thing called "image" in the Streaming world. It refers to how the community views you. This could be postive, negative, or mixed. If at any point you are viewed as negative, it is hard to get rid of that (in the Twitch community at least). In the Twitch community, there is an element of "out for blood". If you bump in to those people, they will never forgive, or forget

A negative image can be avoided by checking the Streamer. A mistake I see the industry make, is not asking other Streamers (about that person), or checking Reddit. If a Streamer steps out of line, odds are someone in the community knows, or it has been posted about

I hate using this term but, there is not another good way of saying this. Some Streamers are "two faced". They will put on a positive image for the Stream (usually to get sponsors) but, elsewhere they are horrible people. Using the above methods, you can avoid people like this
    -------------------------------------------------------
    The community can help in that regard. You can play as much of a part in shaping the game and community by simply giving your time. If you watch a Streamer and think they will be great for Ironsight, suggest or encourage them to download and try the game

If you know a Streamer who is Streaming Ironsight but, not partnered, or in the Discord, recommend them. Perhaps the Ironsight people can create a Discord channel for dumping Stream links in the Discord. If a Streamer you know plays Ironsight but, doesn't Stream Ironsight, invite them to the Discord, and encourage or suggest they Stream it

Just remember to use the above methods for checking out a Streamer. There was a lot of Streamers I thought I knew. Later on they were horrible towards me
    ------------------------------------------------------
    As mentioned above, the game still needs a lot of work. If you want this game to be fun.. The bolt action, netcode, spawning, and other situations need to be fixed

There should also be a chat clean up operation of some sort. I have been in numerous games where the enemy team will gang up on me.. Calling me trash and other things. They know my K/D isn't positive because my team is not good. Also because I can't guard every flank. They do it to get a rise out of me. It should not be tolerated

This is another subject where the community can help. If you have an idea for a fix, or new content to add to the game speak up. Make a post. Even if you think the idea is not that great, post anyways. Good ideas can come from anywhere. It is up to the other people in the community to help grow that idea

If they don't think your idea is good, then they probally don't understand it, or are not able to think of a way to improve it
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    This is the most I have. The TLDR is let us get to work! Let us discuss these various topics. If the discussion turns in to suggestions for Ironsight, then post away

Perhaps the Ironsight people can make a sticky thread in the Suggestions for people with an idea that is incomplete

Feel free to Discuss, or ask questions on anything I said :)

• judging by 0 comments on 6 day old post in top part of the forum, i consider it safe to say there isn't any future for iron sight /s

When the game should literally be called hipfire, because ironsight is literally useless:rolleyes:

• sadly, I'm not too optimistic about the game getting big right now

this is the game's prime hype train time (before bo4, and when lots of streamers play it), but they aren't moving fast enough to improve netcode, promote the game on steam, and add content

I'm sure they're trying their hardest with the team and resources they have, but if this pace keeps up, I'm not sure we will see much of an increase in playerbase

• i think the game wont get more players than it has now.

Actually I play vs the same people on EU all the time now. The hype is gone, I guess the game wasnt ready for open beta. I cannot understand why studios launch games with netcode issues. It has already been proven that people will not play them.

• I was late to notice the comments

Essence: I hope that is not the case. I will do what I can to revive it, should it die. As mentioned in the original thread, I was at one point in my life, a competitive player. I may be rusty but, I feel I have some valuable experience left over

Helix: That is appreciated. I did notice the Ironsight team responds to comments. That is good

Snatch: Perhaps. After I posted this, I did notice something. This game does not have enough news article coverage. The Talk Shows (on or outside of Twitch), want to cover this but, they don't have enough to go on. Maybe that is the fix

Hotpot: Very true. I am concerned as well that things may not get done in time (before Black Ops 4 is released). Perhaps a go fund me, or something could help? If the game had more money, they could hire people as a temporary thing

Prymal: I will admit to not playing on the Europe servers as much but, I do see that issue as well. I think it is more than the Netcode issue. It seems people are tired of the bolt actions as a whole. Every match has at least 2 bolt actions, or AR57's

I can't blame them. I will admit to being tired of the run and gun bolt actions. There is very little you can do against them. Flash Bangs are not a guaranteed counter. If there was more tools in the game like Heavy Armor, a shield or something.. Then maybe that issue would be resolved

• Kind of agreeing that the poor netcode will kill the game. Everyone seems to love the game at first until they experience corner jumping SMGs prefiring them and kill-trades etc for a while and then they either think everyone else is hacking or realize the game just isn't working right.

• I'm sure they're trying their hardest with the team and resources they have, but if this pace keeps up, I'm not sure we will see much of an increase in playerbase

BO4 is probably going to kill its momentum. Imo, they have an opportunity if they can get it in a releasable state (and on Steam - that is a big, big one) a month or two before Blops4. However, given the glacial place it took for Ironworks to come out, I'm not optimistic. They probably could put it on Steam now if content (ie - maps, balance changes, more drones, etc) were released at a regular pace, but it isn't.

• Erwin: I noticed that issue too but, I think it is more than a Netcode thing. I see the P90 or AR57 pre-firing a lot. Perhaps if there was other weapons with similar magazine capacities, that could fix it. A lot of modern AR's have drum magazines. Idk just a thought

DollaDollaBillYall: Very possible. That is another issue I recognized. Even if this game got more coverage (news or Talk Show) they still would need to move quicker with development. Unless in some way the coverage got them the help or money needed to move quicker. I am not sure if that would be a possibility

Even if that happened.. The interview would be awkward for Ironsight. They don't have a sense of direction or identity. It is just a run and gun game

• I'm sure they're trying their hardest with the team and resources they have, but if this pace keeps up, I'm not sure we will see much of an increase in playerbase

BO4 is probably going to kill its momentum. Imo, they have an opportunity if they can get it in a releasable state (and on Steam - that is a big, big one) a month or two before Blops4. However, given the glacial place it took for Ironworks to come out, I'm not optimistic. They probably could put it on Steam now if content (ie - maps, balance changes, more drones, etc) were released at a regular pace, but it isn't.

theyre not gonna release to steam yet until they sort out netcode, majority of bugs ,etc

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Personally, I think the game is continually growing. Big names (streamers and youtubers and pro esports players alike) have been trying out the game and giving great feedback on it despite some flaws. The devs are working hard to improve on the game as much as they can. I'm sure you all know that the staff sees all that's being posted, the type of feedback from all players whether good or bad, and as such build on that feedback. The game itself is still enjoyable to play(for me at least :) ); competitive tournaments are still being hosted by players and teams which imo shows a good core.

• Personally, I think the game is continually growing. Big names (streamers and youtubers and pro esports players alike) have been trying out the game and giving great feedback on it despite some flaws. The devs are working hard to improve on the game as much as they can. I'm sure you all know that the staff sees all that's being posted, the type of feedback from all players whether good or bad, and as such build on that feedback. The game itself is still enjoyable to play(for me at least :) ); competitive tournaments are still being hosted by players and teams which imo shows a good core.

Thats now, but like everything else it will fall/decay (just like how EA lootboxes are now just being seen as a controversy)

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Nimbus: What Misfire said and.. The game will only survive, if the bigger Streamers Stream Ironsight. The last couple of times I checked the Ironsight category, I only saw 20 viewers as the biggest Stream

The category needs to be further up, or else people won't know to look for it (more than likely)

Getting the word out would help too. If Ironsight had articles on it for the Talk Show people to use, that would help