One Cent Accumulated Suggestions, Balancing, and Ideas

• We all know this game needs some balancing and tweaking. Some are obvious and some are just plain annoying that gives the team almost a guarantee win. I will be using CoD as a reference because a lot of mechanics and features are similar thereof.

Contribution Points System (CPS)

It is cool to have something similar to killstreaks/pointstreaks but this needs a revamp. There's a reason why offensive CPS rewards should only be obtainable in streaks and gets reset on death. They can change the battle dramatically. You may say just carry LAWS or EMP Launcher but you shouldn't be forced to use them at any given time even if you're losing. Some people may like to carry other secondaries/ another support CPS reward and they shouldn't be punished for carrying those just because the team does not have LAWS or EMP launcher to counter Hellbird or other powerful drones. But you can hide from it. Well tell that to the other five players in the team that is being attacked by a Hellbird. Here is some ideas to revamp it.

• These drones could have modules that can modify their usage in match like for UAV to be in "Orbital" which unable the enemies to shoot it down or "faster scan" which shows the enemy on the minimap faster. These modules should add extra required contribution points.
    • UAV should be an lowest cost offensive drone starting at 300 points. UAV can also be as both Offensive and Support CPS reward but for Support, it should cost at least 200 more points. Support should also have at least one high end cost supporting-offensive CPS reward.
    • A system like this in FPS can't forget about the best RNG reward - Care Package! (or something similar)

Balancing

Notice: Discretion is advised due to personal comparisons and opinions.

Assault Rifles

Assault rifles have pretty fast falloff but not as fast as SMG. For example, M4 does from 13 damage starting at 23 meters away (falloff damage starts at 17 meters). On the map Airport, from the desk to the venting machines it is about 40 meters away. M4 at this range would do 13 damage at this distance and would take 7-8 shots to kill (not including damage multiplier). Even as netcode is a problem, it won't solve the damage it would do at the farthest falloff range. This 13 damage feels like an SMG damage at their farthest falloff range.

ironsight_20180502134559.png

So M4 and all other full auto rifles needs buff on the falloff damage to at most 20 raw damage (5-6 shots to kill and in CoD is 4-5 shots due to their higher damage). Assault rifles shouldn't have that much falloff "steps" because SMG would have them. If both AR and SMG have them then SMG would have better advantage in killing.

• FAMAS needs more gun kick (visual is ok) and maybe slightly less fire rate
    • All AR lowest falloff damage needs buff as well as lessen how many steps it takes to reach to minimum falloff damage
    • HK417 and M39 also needs more gun kick and maybe visual kick
    • HK417 should have falloff damage instead of flat damage like an SR
    • For SMG, AR-57 should have base multiplier instead of 1.8 on headshots
    • For SMG, Vector doesn't need headshot damage multiplier since it has the highest fire rate

Sniper rifles

They need to be nerfed. How? They just need to have longer ADS time and removing the different ADS time between low powered zoom and high powered zoom scopes. The magnification number doesn't magnify what it would (12x for long eye scope doesn't feel 12x) so fix number to match the actual magnification or match the magnification to the number. Above 3x scope should have the FOV blackened (this would fix hardscoping). Higher magnification scope should also have even higher gun kick and view kick (aim-punch/ flinch).

• CF-X50 should have a one shot kill chance from lower torso and up BUT having the most visual and gun kick out of all weapons (i believe this is a copy of Barrett 50 M82)
    • Crosshair shouldn't shrink when aiming down sights.

Shotguns

Shotguns need buff real good. :) Even as it may be OP in these small maps they should have better consistency of spread. They should also be Primary Weapons in order to have better buffs (as secondary weapons they shouldn't be better than Primaries).

Recoil

Recoil needs to be reworked on weapons. I've seen a lot of weapons being easily used to double tap on enemies. Low fire rate and small caliber weapons like m4 should have low gun kick but yet it is too low. High fire rate like FAMAS and SMG and high caliber like Desert Eagle should have stronger gun kick and longer visual recoil (recoil animation) respectively.

High fire rate - strong gun kick

High caliber - longer visual recoil.

Special Bullets

The Soft Point Bullets may cause a similar effect like Butterfly effect. One newbie has it which causes more flinch to other players. This gives this newbie an advantage over other players (mostly other newbies) that aren't using them. Then they too would use them. Now everyone uses them. But this gives other non-users a disadvantage even though they may be good enough to go against and not use Soft Point.

It is basically what Treyarch did to Black Ops 3 with view kick (aim-punch/ flinch). For example, I aim at the head of an enemy at close medium range in a 1v1 firefight. He aims at my feet with soft point bullets. I would receive more view kick and when we shoot at the same time I would probably die because that view kick made me miss. You shouldn't be penalized for aiming better at an enemy and lose in a firefight.

This should be completely removed but if Ironsight needs to use this as its own unique gameplay then this with Armor Piercing should be moved to attachments.

Explosives

Blast Protection shouldn't always be relied upon for your third perk. The maps are smaller than in CoD but this game has one meter more for the blast radius of a grenade. Either you die, get hit then get killed by an enemy's gun, or run and get killed by a gun. So need fix for grenade spam (even if its part of the game's "unique" gameplay). Maybe down to 5 meters radius.

Maybe add a game mechanic where you can throw back grenades. xD

Knifing

It alright in terms of balancing but it should be clearer on when is it possible to be a one hit.

Damage Multiplier

Headshots damage multiplier should be a base of 1.4 on all weapons with exceptions. Shotguns and other high fire rate like Vector shouldn't have headshots multiplier.

Aiming Down Sights Time

As said before SR should have 0.4 seconds ADS time. But for Assault rifles, they should have 0.3 aim time and SMG and pistol should have 0.2.

Health Regeneration

Health regeneration should be fixed. After you have been shot you're vulnerable to pretty much anything from grenade launchers to a headshot for 5 seconds and still much longer usually to reach full health.

After three seconds of not taking damage and not while taking damage your health should start regenerate. Health should regenerate twice as fast it is now.

Penetration

Penetration seems like a quick throw in into the game by devs. Pictures below show that SA58 AR couldn't penetrate. Maybe SR or LMG but it feels like AR should also be able to penetrate this metal piece and not for SMG. Needs rework.

ironsight_20180508214257.pngironsight_20180508214307.pngs

• Shotgun should have no penetration
    • SMG and pistols should have the lowest penetration
    • AR should have good penetration
    • LMG and SR should have the strongest
    • Armor Piercing should instead boost penetration value instead of doing more damage to an enemy after the bullet had penetrated. (What's the point for more damage if you can't penetration in the first place)

Suggestions and Ideas

• Add a perk to have three attachments on primary weapons
    • Add a perk to let you carry another primary weapon instead of an secondary.
    • Have a perk that has Jammer Drone specialty so you have more choices to use other than Jammer Drone and still be undetected by enemy drones (not against UAV as that would be bit OP but another perk can be just be against UAV and sights that spots enemies)

I think this is enough for now.

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

The post was edited 1 time, last by Misfire ().

• Very well thought out and incredibly worded post! What are you're thoughts on maybe adding 2 extra class slots? I think that could be a beneficial change.

I’m sure more classes will be added but those other ones i said needed to be more clearer :)

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• I agree with everything except for the part with the shotgun buffs. Imo you'd just end up having tons of corner campers using the spas and one shotting you instantly. Especially in combination with the perk to get a second primary this would be even more obnoxious, because they could literally take a sniper rifle and shotgun combination and f*ck you over at every distance (even if snipers got nerfed). I think the mechanic that you need to headshot with shotguns to get a (slightly more) reliable chance to oneshot people is a good thing, because it adds a level of skill to successfully corner camping and oneshotting people (since you need to hit them in the head to oneshot).

• How can you people "bump" for this?

When i start to play this game it was for how is it , or more exacly was.Developers should'nt never listen to the players and they awfull ideas and close the threads immediatly except the threads where are mentioned bugplay and thats it.Biggest mistake of many game creators , reason they fall fast , you want to talk about exemple of games...sure why not...take Counter-Strike for exemple , its the most played game of all times , same weapons sence i dont even remember , most of them anyway, the point is they keep it classic if i can say it like this , so dont start with some random trash talk because you all know you start to play this game for how it was.

Ofcourse in this case they have to come up with some new weapons , maps , drones , skin etc. because they have to make "a dolar" somehow , that doesnt mean they have to make this game worst then it is already , they have own ideas , let`s hope good ones , the only thing that it up to you as a player to raport bugs.

So if you consider yourself a fan and you like this game you let the devs do the job.I never saw someone to say "oh im bored of the same weapons , same maps , same things" in counter[strike , yeah there were players say "de_dust2 again" that because some servers played to much of the same 5-8 maps , i played that game sence was 1.3 if i remember well in 1998-1999 i cant even remember.

• Tranda

Gonna have to disagree with your mindset to be honest. Developers in general like to hear feedback and suggestions from their player base because we are the ones playing their game daily. We are also the ones making them money so of course our opinion should matter.

It’s also a good thing to note that from a balancing prospective, it’s extremely important to listen to the player base. We are testing their balancing on a massive scale on a daily basis meaning that they have more data to go analyse when they look back at certain stats that may need adjusting. Our developers and CM team won’t just read one thread of feedback of a certain gun etc and then make changes. There needs to be a lot of complaining about one thing from the majority of the community for them to make a change because they want to make sure that the majority agree.

I think it’s safe to say you can trust the CM’s to hear our feedback/suggestions and pick out the right ones to forward to developers. The same thing applies to trusting the developers to approve said changes since they know themselves which direction they want the game to go.

• Sure whatever makes you fell better and sleep at night , you all focus on a wrong direction , thsi game is gonna fall in the following months because of this , nerff snipers bad idea , i dont like snipers but still , they listen to what? how many of the real players are using this forum 100 not even 100 from 500 players ? sure =))) keep it up and we will see soon.

Have a nice day and good luck , im done with this game.

• I already see 2 prejudices or maybe 3. I see players saying that they stop playing for the weirdest of reasons and I keep tell them just to wait....

I'm not able to tell you any actual number but saying that 500 players are playing this game is just not right even our discord got 4 times more players online than the amount you mentioned. I can also guarantee that the game won't go down in a few months. Every single feedback is being reviewed, given on and the developers decide, if a change has to be done. Of course feedback is always needed because a developer without a tester is like having incomplete stuff to use

• Developers should'nt never listen to the players

Have you ever heard of First Assault online? Very similar to Ironsight, ported from Korea, horrible netcode, balance problems, almost no updates. The devs did exactly this, they didn't listen to feedback at all: When the players asked for bug fixes, better netcode and optimization, balancing and clans, they got new skins, imbalanced weapons and lootboxes. The players kept leaving, so they released version 2.0 (despite being still in Early Access) to rescue the game. 6 months later, the servers got shut down.

take Counter-Strike for exemple , its the most played game of all time

Are you sure about the last part?

Apart from that, CS had changes aswell. And if I remember correctly, not all them were that successful.

• Do you people even read correct or process what you are reading? I said never listen to the players regard adding unecesary stuff like dual primary weapon and etc.

I did'nt say dont listen the players about game bugs.That was the whole thing i was fighting for , the actual gameplay to be fixed , not for adding unecesary stuff because i play this game for how it is , for how they made it , if you add dual primary weapon this is a change i wont agreed with , its not the game i start to play and like it anymore , GOT THAT for god sake.

And yeah you are right with CS skins , but again you missed my point and yet again you read but dont think , ofcourse they were not succefull because they liste to the wrong people.

And that numer Helix was just an exemple ,how should i know how many players exacly are , the point is you cant vouch for 500-1000-2000 players to have same opinion when are only 100-200-300 players who are actualy using the forum.

More exacly , how many people bump for this let`s just say 50 out of 2000 players? If you listen to this 50 , what is gonna happen to those 2000? How many are gonna quit because of it? Because they dont use the forum or just because they are not interested in forum , maybe they are acctualy same opinion as me.

The best thing for you is to make a testing server with new stuffs ,and stuff coming from you , its your game , your idea on how should it be , then players can make a full and live review , if that is gonna pass then you can actualy update the main server , are so much many games upthere with this kinda technique , i can even name them , but i find that inapropriate.

Like i said , i played this game because how it is , not ideas coming from player who want it to look like COD , lets get real here , then whats the point? I go play COD and that`s it , because practicaly will by the same game.

You started a very good idea , dont let that be changed by players , the only job of a player is to raport bugs , nothing more.

Oh btw , for those who writed here , dont take it personal just because i disagreed with you.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tranda ().

• So in your opinion, balancing is "unnecessary stuff"? I mean, it's not bug fixing...

the only job of a player is to raport bugs , nothing more.

That's a decent way to kill your game. Most devs don't have the insight of a playerbase hive mind. Look at other free games, like First Assault, Armored Warfare, I heard World of Tanks isn't doing that great either. All of them are loosing player because they decided not to listen to stuff the community wanted, but instead decide everything on their own.

It is indeed more likely for players to come to the forum to complain about instead of praising the game, but you can't ignore all of the that just because of the numbers. By this reasoning, every statistical survey would be meaningless. Think about it this way: If they'd release a new update and everyone on the forum would be happy about it, would you say this feedback doesn't mean anything because the number of the posters is so small compared to the actual playerbase (we don't have any numbers about, don't we)?

• Two primal weapons sound like a balance to you? Or if you dont have two of them its a bug? Are you even read what are you writing there? What does this kinda changes have anything to do with bugs? What The ... Im stunned =)) Did you even read my previous post , when i said im agreed with some stuff but not to add some horrible ideas.

Stop mentioning games that were doomed from the begining =)) , every good FPS player can figure that out , World Of Tanks and Armored Warfare , those games are not FPS , those game are what i call "Sci-Fi" games , they are not actualy an FPS games ,its like we comparre with Need For Speed , car games , with actual shooter game , so please ,those are the first games of their kind , they needed guidance , this is a whole other story.

Oh did your heard about Blackshot? They listen to the players kinda 2 times from what i know while i was playing the game and that was it ,in rest was just bugs , that game is still expanding , growing , honestly that is a pay to win , graphic...meah...gameplay , pretty cool if you donate.

And again you proved nothing to me.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Tranda ().

• horrible ideas

Ah, sorry dude, I forgot you are the one person on earth who can correctly judge changes in video games. Forgive me.

Stop mentioning games that were doomed from the begining

I also forgot that you can predict the future with 100% accuracy.

those games are not FPS

We were discussing the topic of user feedback, if you remember, I just gave some examples. So, user feedback for a FPS-title is a big no-go, but for "sci-fi games", it is a different story?

Oh did your heard about Blackshot?

No. But I googled it and it seems like it lost 90% of it's playerbase on Steam in the last 2 years. But I'm sure you can prove me wrong be posting the growth of players using their own launcher.

Oh, did you hear about The Forest? During the alpha, players wanted a multiplayer mode more than anything else. The devs gave in after a few months and the game is still alive and growing. But I guess this example wont count because The Forest isn't a FPS