AR-57 is too strong.

• Like I tell people who try to defend it, play the P90. People only use the AR57 because streamers are using it and are really good without taking into account the streamers previous experience with FPSs. It's an easy gun to get good at with 0 skill required. IT's really not that good but it should receive a HUGE nerf to accuracy and nerf to RoF.

• Like I tell people who try to defend it, play the P90. People only use the AR57 because streamers are using it and are really good without taking into account the streamers previous experience with FPSs. It's an easy gun to get good at with 0 skill required. IT's really not that good but it should receive a HUGE nerf to accuracy and nerf to RoF.

People use the AR-57 because everyone uses the AR-57. It's easy to pick up and try, to see how powerful it is compared to any other SMG or AR in close-quarters. It's disgusting how strong it is, you never have to ADS with it so long as the player model fits slightly half the white cross hairs. I've compared it to the P90 and the range stat itself is a huge difference in kill thresholds especially when comparing distance shooting.

For an SMG it has nearly no drawbacks compared to every other. Recoil isn't an issue for hipfire. Fire rate is also top-tier with only the Vector really beating it. Damage is low but 26 is still regular for 4-hit kills and paired with a high magazine and the best range it does better than any SMG at close, medium and long range.

It's fact that recoil/accuracy for ADS in this game is worse than other FPS games. Pair it with a steady hipfire on the best SMG and it's a no-brainer why it does so well. Along with many map designs which favor such close range flanking maneuvers like Mart and Cloud9.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Uranium ().

• 50 rounds.

Faster firerate than ARs.

Super good range for an SMG.

Hip-fire GOD.

Agreed. But the issue for the Devs is once this is nerfed people will move onto complaining about the next most OP weapon. But the AR-57 does need looking at. Overall I do find this game's weapons to be quite nicely balanced; especially the AR's. And devs whatever you do please don't listen to the people complaining about one shot snipers >_< if anything reduce cocking time or something (semi auto's increase kick) one shot bolt actions are cool!

• Weapons need a bit of balance, not that they are not right now, but it just doesnt feel like there are alot of weapons, most weapons feel the same when you shoot, recoil or not, in a close combat you barely ads anyway, its more like 'who shoots first'. Who wants to take a shot at a longer range, just picks the sniper.
    I pref the Scar, it has dmg, good range (i mostly use Balance as skill and i do press shift most of the time while i ads), but still i feel kinda sad when someone with smg 1shots me in close range. I think only the smg category need a bit of balance, not necessarily nerfed. Lower dmg and keep the fire rate, or keep the dmg and fire rate but reduce the range so i wont get sniped with smg, or increase recoil, things like that :)
    PS: Pls leave my SCAR alone, its not op, it just feels op, its the only AR i like , kkthx <3

• if they're going to leave in one shot sniper rifles here are some things that have to happen. Quickscoping needs to be gone and there needs to be massive recoil punishments for being shot while ADS'ing.

It's complete bull c*** whenever I hit four shots the sniper is able to turn and accurately aim and get me.

• For an SMG it has nearly no drawbacks compared to every other. Recoil isn't an issue for hipfire. Fire rate is also top-tier with only the Vector really beating it.

^ HAHAHA yeah right. The Vector's fire rate does nothing to the AR-57. As a Vector user who is trying to master the thing (225-ish kills left at time of writing), the Vector can't go head to head w/ the AR57. The only times when I successfully beat a full health AR57 user is if I get the drop on them or they are not 100% accurate long enough for me to kill them. Regardless, I usually end up w/ practically no health and if anything but sneezes at me, I die (ex. Flash Bangs).

Maybe a jump/drop shot m4 can counter, those are annoying too, but not as annoying as the ar57.