First patchnotes of Ironsight leaked - Part 1

• Hey there,

the first part of the first IS (what a great appreviation right?) update notes have been leaked: Be aware to look at the disclaimer after reading trough

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These patch notes are formatted into the following sections:

A) server and netcode updates

B) ranked and game mode updates

C) communication improvements

D) new feature introduction

E) weapon/perk/loadout balances

G) general balance and fixes

A) Server and netcode updates:

1. We are expanding our server base to South America, Russia and China. We changed our server provider from google to AWS. We are cooperating with AWS for the 3 new regions as well as the 2 old regions. This will greatly improve server stability and ping for all our players. Server regions are now EU, NA, SA, RU, CH.
    2. Sadly we can't provide support for Africa cause AWS is not an option there. We are looking into getting Africa servers up with third party providers (NO ETA).
    3. SEA and Oceania will get there correspondend servers after 1-2 months depending on feedback of the corresponding player base.
    1. The above mentioned server updates don't interfere with our "real-time"-Tick Rate (See this video)
      1. We are changing our protocol to UDP
      2. We are changing the netcode so that movement data is sent twice per second to the game server. This means an theoretical tick-rate of 120 Hz for the movment. Rest stays "real-time".
      3. We tweaked our lag compensation protocol to reduce the occurrence of getting hit behind cover.

On a side note: We are aware that the issues fixed with these update caused a lot of inconvenience for our player base. We therefore compensate every player with an account older than 2 weeks with 50 Chips. We are doing everything to up your experience with Ironsight and we worked hard the last 2 months to get these changes going. We heard you and we are looking forward to the feedback the community gives us. Keep coming. This leads us to the next point.

B) Ranked and game mode updates:

1. Ranked will be split into two seperate queues:
      1. Solo Q:
        1. This is for solo players only.
        2. Match Making (MM) will use an adapted ELO-algorithm to determine the 5v5 team which will battle it out.
      2. Team Q:
        1. The MM algorithm will make sure, that there are only the following possible combinations of teams on both sides:
          1. 3 - 2 vs. 3 - 2
          2. 5 vs. 5
      3. We seperated the leaderboard (more of this see below) into the two queues and modified the account page accordingly.
      4. We are aware that this will lead into some longer queues for team matchmaking but as we thrive to a competitive environment we will not allow 3 - 1 -1 vs. 3 - 2 situations to keep the game fair and square. We are monitoring your feedback closly though. So this may change in future updates.

2. Ranked bugfixes:
      1. We fixed the "circle-bug", meaning the bug which caused ranked to not get started (and forced a close and restart of the game) after the necessary amount of players were gathered.
      2. We fixed global ranking, meaning your rank will now be correctly displayed (including offline players).
      3. As mentioned above we are now using an adapted ELO-System to match players.
      4. We are aware that a core element of our game is competitive/ranked gameplay. We are sorry that we were not able to get all our ressources on the ranked problems as we know it's an important factor for the longetivity of the game. Ranked should now be "always" up and running and we hope together with the improvments on servers and netcode Ironsight can now move into the direction you as the community and we as developers want it to.

3. Game mode updates:
      1. All game modes are now using the 5 vs. 5 players format. We are aware that this is a big change but we are positive that this will lead to an overall improvment caused by:
        1. Better gameplay feeling on the currently available (smaller) maps
        2. Better immersion feeling with ranked especially on S&D mode
        3. Overall faster MM cause of 10 players per match rather then 12 (artificially increasing the player base)
        4. The UI will be updated accordingly
        5. We are excited about your feedback and will change the game accordingly

C) Communication improvments:

As we introduced our weekly community update, we got a lot of feedback.

We are aware that the two updates (especially the second one) was rather thin. Most of the critics will hopefully be satisfied with these patch notes but we are not stopping here.

1. We are introducing bi-weekly live game broadcasts on our official twitch account with one or two members of our community team playing some crazy TDM/S&D etc. This is not only to promote the game but also to answer your questions regarding the current and future state of the game. Of course there will be some nice giveaways, events and stuff. Still not happy? Read on.
    2. We are also introducing a monthly interview uploaded to our official youtube channel with members of the lead dev crew from Korea.

We are aware that with the new introduction of web-based communication we could finally get in contact with our dev team and here we are bringing you news and updated directly from the center of Ironsight development.

D) New feature introduction:

For our first update we are introducing changes to the most common issues which are not captured by the aforementioned changes:

1. You will be able to set a password for custom matches. There also will be some smaller improvments to the custom match system.
    2. We are introducing a deathcam for every unranked mode. In S&D the deathcam will be shown for everyone after the round is finished.
    3. We changed the UI to show the ping of players.
    4. We are introducing ingame-events for the community. Community goals will be shortly published after the update went live. We changed the UI accordingly.

Be aware that we focused all our effort to better the core experience of Ironsight being A), B), C). These changes are only the beginning to make your experience better so look forward to point C)2. for more gameplay and convenience updates to come.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is part 1 of the leaked update notes. I think these changes are looking realy promising and i can't wait what the dev team came up with for the weapon balance (AR-57 anyone?). Can't wait :)

Disclaimer:

/s and then VacantlyTV stopped dreaming and woke up. Sorry folks :|

• If this is real, then this game will explode

Indeed. Can't wait for these changes. Especially the killcam, 5v5 format, lag compensation fix. Maybe I won't be dying behind walls anymore.

• This was surprisingly well made, Looks like a very legit update thread, I think a lot of the features would be nice, Thanks for the read and the troll. :P

Thanks mate. I just wanted to bring in the ideas I would want to see in a patch note. Of course I'm aware that changing from google to AWS is not made in 2 months. This is like a blueprint of what the next patch notes should look like to make me happy ;)

• You realize April Fools was yesterday.

Next time check your grammar before you post ;)

This wasn't meant as an april fools. First I wanted to rant but then it changed to this idea.

Did you think about the possibility I'm not a native english speaker? ;)

Ok so I'll be as nice as I can, how was this not supposed to be an April Fools Joke? Your title and way you speak in a third person perspective leads one to belive that it is. Doesn't sound like a rant, nor an idea post, so the question is, what was the point?

• This wasn't meant as an april fools. First I wanted to rant but then it changed to this idea.

Did you think about the possibility I'm not a native english speaker? ;)

Ok so I'll be as nice as I can, how was this not supposed to be an April Fools Joke? Your title and way you speak in a third person perspective leads one to belive that it is. Doesn't sound like a rant, nor an idea post, so the question is, what was the point?

It's multiple things with multiple purposes. But it is not an april fools ... maybe a funny write-up.