HQ Report #1

• Hello Mercenaries,

Charly reporting in!

It’s time to update our Mercenaries deployed around the world with the latest news from the Headquarters. The raging conflicts for the last resources on earth are getting more intense and you should be up-to-date.

Banner_PM_Letter_4.png

First things first, what’s the goal? Where do we want to bring Ironsight?

Monetization

(starting hard, eh?)

Ironsight is an amazing Free to Play FPS and we will keep it this way. I have seen feedback like the comments here or here bringing up the fact we are Aeria Games and we will make it Pay to Win.

Back in the middle of 2016, we merged with Gamigo AG. Since then, the company goals, ideas and values have changed drastically. We now aim to provide interesting, challenging and long-lived games and this is what we will do with Ironsight.

That being said, I can personally promise you one thing:

I have spent a few thousand hours playing FPS games and I usually stop playing them when fair play is endangered. I am currently playing Ironsight, I love the game and would like to keep it this way. As long as I am in charge of Ironsight, we won’t pass that barrier.

Don’t get me wrong, that doesn’t mean we won’t monetize the game. In the end we are a business and it is an F2P game, but we will do it as it should be done - without harming the fair play.

m4-US.png monkey_smg.png redpixel_ar.png

Community focus

A game has to evolve with its users. You have all been providing a lot of feedback since day one (like this, this, this, this, this or that) which we truly appreciate. The game will be changing and improving based in your feedback, so keep going!

You can reach out to us via any of our channels. Our Community Managers are doing an amazing job processing your feedback.

Based on the feedback provided so far, I would like to drop some of the things we will be working on this year (outside of our content updates, bug fixes and improvements):

• Spectator mode
    • Custom matches (Password, different modes…)
    • Ranking system (seasons, rewards…)
    • Sound system (Headshots…)
    • ‘Netcode’

Network.jpg

(Thanks battle(non)sense for the review!)

We also love to support any kind of action coming from the community. For example, we will be releasing a content creator partnership program with exclusive perks soon.

Here is a leak from HQ: https://youtu.be/0joZJQFCDQA

Competition

Competition is the way to go. Currently, there aren’t a lot of free FPS games capable of creating a competitive environment and we will aim to do just that. We will be focusing on tournaments, seasons, different types of competitive modes…

It’s a long term objective but who knows, we might even be able to hit eSports with huge prize pools!

ironsight_teaser_007.jpg

With all that said, where do we stand at the moment?

Technical issues

Since the opening of the OBT (01/02/2018, ~30 working days) we have been facing technical issues with our servers. Those have been many and varied, we are aware of it and we are always working hard to get these issues resolved. I am confident enough to say we will achieve a stable environment soon.

Translated into numbers, we have recorded the following:

What can been seen from outside

• 90+ hours of issues for us, the users
    • 10+ maintenances (Up to 3 per week)

What can’t been seen from outside

• 15+ different server patches developed
    • Many server side changes
    • 100’s of hours of QA
    • 15+ issues solved outside of working hours
    • 300+ bugs reported by the community
    • Countless overtime hours spent monitoring or improving the game

The effort and the amount of work from the whole team here and at Wiple Games (our partners and developers) is priceless. As Ironsight’s Product Owner and as a player, I have only one thing to say: Thank you!

Content updates

We plan to provide a content update every month. So far this has not been the case due to the above points as we are currently focusing all our technical efforts there.

Once we get out of the Beta phase, you can expect we will be delivering new content on a regular basis.

Here you have some more leaks from the HQ:

New drone: Storm Shield

Stormshield.jpg

New map: Ironwork

Ironworks.png

Supporting new regions and languages

World_Map.jpg

We are currently exploring our options for supporting more regions with Wiple Games, even involving external publishers if needed. In one way or another, our goal is to provide world-wide support. For the moment, there is nothing official we can share. We will update you as soon as we have a final decision there.

In terms of game localization, we are currently working on the Turkish, Polish, Spanish and Portuguese languages which are going to be released in the coming months.

If you have any questions or if you would like to provide some feedback, feel free to drop us a message on this forum post and we will be answering as many questions as we can.

- Charly, signing off.

• Very reassuring.

I can't wait for the content updates, I'm currently taking a break from the game due to the server issues and lack of progress, but I'm still keeping a close eye on it and as soon as updates start landing, I will be back.

• What about servers in Russia? There are over a halp of your players from Russia. And we deserve to have a good ping. And make at least a few new weapons, modes and maps. Can you share a date of new content you posted?

• So what is it, exactly, that the dev team is planning to do with high movement lag? I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I like the game and I want to play it, but with players teleporting and popping out of nowhere, playing this game becomes pointless, especially so, in competitive sense.

• Good luck creating that competitive yet fair non pay to win game i fell in love with it and i am inviting freinds and players to play it but server problems gives the game a less serious look once its got solid servers it must compete with the best games :):thumbup:<3

• This is great. Hopefully you keep updating us on future plans and changes. Maybe you can make some sort of dev stream once a month or in periods of 2 weeks where you talk about this stuff, present new things and communicate with the community (like Warframe does).

Edit: Just saw that there already has been a stream...

The post was edited 1 time, last by STRIKER ().

• Competitive is clearly the right goal, but What are you doing in regards (to fair play) for the massive issue of cheating?

It's out of control, and destroying every game in record fashion... When every game has two rockstar players killing 40+ game after game... its hard to boot..

There's no control, in the old days.. .click ban, bye! Now we might have ability to do custom games here and there, but its not going to work in the public fashion to create a community of legit games we desire.. Too hard, no control...

Or better yet, maybe the question is what can I do for you to make this work better? You are using a dedicated server system, not player hosted, therefore code can be implemented on your server... so please to give me the ability to tap into that code with a system that can do advanced things such as,

determining serverside the above averages of aiming, the ability to determine who is looking at enemies far outside the norm (wallhack detection) who is on incredible unbelievable killstreaks in 5 different compass directions repeatably... Let me put some real analytics into these game engines, so we can make gaming fun again... you have a community out here that is raging civiliation hatred, cuz they cant even enjoy a fps anymore cuz of the incredible amount of losers in this world who need to use other peoples feeling to enrage their superhero complex because they are weak and know it and won't work on themselves to get better...

• The game is awesome. There are ping issues for the Asians.Ping will be always red for Asians in EU server. So please add Asian servers in the game. There are hackers in the game. They are passing through walls. So improve anti hacking measures.

• realy now? this is all the new Content updates? one Storm Shield and one New map? the developing is so dead as this game will go dead, from alpha version to closed version and open beta this game have zero new content,after alpha closed beta and open beta u release 2 new content? are you kidding to me?

you say :

With all that said, where do we stand at the moment?

Technical issues

from 2015 and now 2018(3 years) you work only in Technical issues?

realy guys? realy now? 3 years now and this game work only in Technical issues? only 2 new content in 3 years?

The post was edited 1 time, last by p3d1um ().

• Because content it's the most important thing when they have a lot of issues to correct.....do me a favor a stay shut, plz.

Server: EU

Clan: AmiciBelli

Clan Rank: Deputy

Favorite Weapons: Sniper (Blaser) and Riffle (Famas)

• Realy now? 3 years this game is active 3 years and u say they cant fix this game problems in 3 years? are u kidding to me? they are the most noobies developers in history, this game created in 2015 alpha begin in 2016-2017 closed beta in 2017-2018 and open beta in 2018, the game will release in 2020? the game engine is 3 years old in the 2 years this engine will be so old

• Well, since the technical set up of the Korean version and our is very different, yes we are working on technical issues. Which never happened on the KR version.

It's as simple as that.

Therefore, that's why we focus more on this aspect than on the content. Adding new content (which could mean new bugs) while we still have issues with the previous content wouldn't be very good for the game, neither for the community.

• Well, since the technical set up of the Korean version and our is very different, yes we are working on technical issues. Which never happened on the KR version.

It's as simple as that.

Therefore, that's why we focus more on this aspect than on the content. Adding new content (which could mean new bugs) while we still have issues with the previous content wouldn't be very good for the game, neither for the community.

...but that's not how games work. Obviously IronSight works on a proprietary engine, but if you have a map and it has already been tested for years on the Korean servers, you can deploy it on yours easily. You won't get any new bugs, since it's literally the same content that has already been available in the Korean version.

Hey, if you want to drip-feed us content that's already created, because the game is dead in Korea and the development team has probably already moved on to different projects, that's okay. But state that upfront. You can even make a point about bringing the game back from the dead, so to speak.

• Because content it's the most important thing when they have a lot of issues to correct.....do me a favor a stay shut, plz.

Realy now? 3 years this game is active 3 years and u say they cant fix this game problems in 3 years? are u kidding to me? they are the most noobies developers in history, this game created in 2015 alpha begin in 2016-2017 closed beta in 2017-2018 and open beta in 2018, the game will release in 2020? the game engine is 3 years old in the 2 years this engine will be so old

Inform yourself before posting stupid nonsense. Korean games are made with lazy netcode, because the internet connection there is great, the best in the world because of the infrastructure. And when they publish the such a game in the West you have people with decent connection and people living in a remote village that wait 1 minute to load a webpage and people with a connection somewhere in the middle. And when all those different people from different walks of life connect from all over Europe, for example or NA, the netcode goes crazy, because it was never designed to handle such a chaotic situation.

Now that you know that things aren't as simple as just playing the game and IT professionals with university education are trying to fix this, whereas you have it simple - just play the game and complain on the forums without knowing jack, it's time for you to educate yourself better.

• azy netcode, because the internet connection there is great, the best in the world because of the infrastructure

<3

Regarding the content, if you understand how games work, you'll understand why releasing more content while the game isn't fully polished yet wouldn't be a very smart move.

• Can we get a little more transparency on how exactly the skins that have special reload animations are "purchased or earned?" particularly in the in game client? Or perhaps what the benefits of having a different operator are (or if they are strictly cosmetic, that would be helpful to?) It almost seems certain skins are particular to a certain operator and that is super confusing and not explained very clearly (maybe the language could of been localized better).

• Regarding the content, if you understand how games work, you'll understand why releasing more content while the game isn't fully polished yet wouldn't be a very smart move.

But this isn't "more content". Yes, new content has to be tested by QA for missing textures, missing collisions, bugs, exploits and all of that, but this isn't new content. This is content that was already existing in the Korean version. Obviously I don't have a point of reference between popular engines like Unreal Engine, Unity or CryEngine and the IronSight Engine, but if it's made half-decently, it really shouldn't be a problem.

I understand that you have your own repo, not some old Korean repo that you just deploy and you have to handle the netcode and such, but content is content. Unless you're running an old version and have to re-QA everything, I feel like it's dishonest to claim this needs to be post-poned.

PS. Also, it would be just nice to know, if the Korean development team is working on the game despite it being dead in Korea. I understand that you cannot say "no", but if it really is the case, discuss it with Wiple. Otherwise, you know the game will die at some point and are just trying to get a couple of bucks before shutting it down completely.

• has to be tested by QA for missing textures, missing collisions, bugs, exploits and all of that,

So, you answered yourself to this. Furthermore, getting the KR content to our version is more than just this. There are some aspect of this that, we can't talk about with you, and that require even more work than what you quoted.

And regarding the game and its development, we (Aeria Games // Gamigo) are only the publishers, so yeah, of course, Wiple Games keep working on the game.

Can we get a little more transparency on how exactly the skins that have special reload animations are "purchased or earned?" particularly in the in game client? Or perhaps what the benefits of having a different operator are (or if they are strictly cosmetic, that would be helpful to?) It almost seems certain skins are particular to a certain operator and that is super confusing and not explained very clearly (maybe the language could of been localized better).

- Weapons with special skin/reload animation = Depends on the weapon, not all of them have the same requirements.

- The mercenaries are only cosmetic, it doesn't change anything to the gameplay.

- And the weapons' skin are not mercenaries related.

• Literally zero of the requirements are clear, period. I don't care if they don't have the same requirements or not, i just want to know what the dam requirements are, because clearly i can't purchase them. I understand that skins are cosmetics but if you want to make money as a business wouldn't it be smart of you to put in very clear language what exactly those requirements are?

Look, I'm just saying from a business standpoint it makes sense to put a simple line in the menu that says "you can purchase this item when you unlock this or whatever the case may be".

• Look, I'm just saying from a business standpoint it makes sense to put a simple line in the menu that says "you can purchase this item when you unlock this or whatever the case may be"

We are trying to achieve this. However, the localization of the game need to be improved (text-wise but also UI-wise). We will make it clearer as soon as possible.

• Optimising your game should be one of your priorities aswell tbh. Dropping under ~70fps on some maps and locations are getting pretty annoying. I remember one of the devs mentioning getting in contact with Nvidia. What's the progress in this if I may know?

• I remember one of the devs mentioning getting in contact with Nvidia. What's the progress in this if I may know?

Still waiting for an update on this one from Nvidia's side.

Regarding optimizing the game, I think I stated numerous time that this is our main focus.

• if you dont make something new this game will be dead soon, i say what i say b.c i love this game, and i dont want to see dead, i want the best for this game.

As I say, yes...add more content without worring about the issues and the game will not die because it have new content (hope you understood my irony)

The post was edited 1 time, last by St4rG4m3rPT_ ().

• Wouldn't porting stuff from the KN version, translating, changing textures to a more 'acceptable' feel, coding it for the NA version, etc - take long time to do?

Honestly, i want to see these new maps etc etc that are in the korean version, but i'm not in any rush for them. They'll be here eventually, i guess.

• I remember one of the devs mentioning getting in contact with Nvidia. What's the progress in this if I may know?

Still waiting for an update on this one from Nvidia's side.

Regarding optimizing the game, I think I stated numerous time that this is our main focus.

Just keep going, you guys are doing a great job untill now. Hope Aeria don't disapoint the players as well as my.com saying that they will not turn the game P2W and then they did. Well, I'll give a shot. Waiting to see what will come in the future and specially when Beta is over.

Curious Question: Will it be a little reward for Open beta testers? :P :P

• Competitive is clearly the right goal, but What are you doing in regards (to fair play) for the massive issue of cheating?

It's out of control, and destroying every game in record fashion... When every game has two rockstar players killing 40+ game after game... its hard to boot..

There's no control, in the old days.. .click ban, bye! Now we might have ability to do custom games here and there, but its not going to work in the public fashion to create a community of legit games we desire.. Too hard, no control...

What evidence do you have of said players cheating? Those numbers are pretty common in Ironsight matches and are usually just indicative of a solid player. Have you ever considered that maybe your own skills are just lacking?

What evidence do you have of said players cheating? Those numbers are pretty common in Ironsight matches and are usually just indicative of a solid player. Have you ever considered that maybe your own skills are just lacking?

ive personally never played against rock star but 40+ every round sounds suspicious to me, ive seen people go 30-35 kills in a round and then next round drop a 10 kill round these arnt suspicious players they just got a good round I mean ive had a few 30+ rounds but in that ive also had a lot of 10 kill rounds lol.

people who go 40+ every round I personally would report however there are some other points that I would look for ie, uav drones players communicating same clan team mates that sort of thing, so it would still depend if or not I would report.

as to thecoyguys post out of control seems a little rash ive been playing since the start of open beta and I would say ive seen maybe 2 wall hacks and 1 aim bot so far, personaly most odd behaviour can be put down to the net code being off

I'm a EU player so it might be different in NA but cheating is there but not out of control yet anyway, I'm still not convinced by EAC though.