Female Character Models. Do they have smaller hitboxes?

• i dont really get it how the fok you can use this sheemale characters?! its like in sick sf2 skill boys running arround in bikinis .... its disgusting .ohhh yea most of you are germans and dutch players for you its normal hahahhahaha

• Il hope the hitbox is the same... in Combat arms playing females gived HUGE advantage when bunny hopping around thx to having a slightly smaller hitbox....

the difference was actually HUGE....

• Even if they have the same hitboxes what should remain the same between genres is silhouette.
    If they have the same hitbox but their models are smaller things wouldn't change much because you always aim at what you can see, not at an invisible hitbox.

This was a problem in blacklight retribution where female models were noticeably smaller but retained the same hitbox; their run animation seemed faster, peek battles with them were harder than against a male operator and could headglitch you to oblivion.

• All characters in this game have the same hitboxes and their models are very close, if not the same size. Just their closing models might make them look a little different is all.

• in blacksquad they have female characters with invisible hitboxes. so skinny females will get same hitboxes. but in here I don't know what will they do.

I think more than half of the world population has no job.

We should go to fishing or hunting for food.

Do you agree?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Europe vs America ().

• I overlaid the biggest char with the smallest char. As you can see Havok is much broader.

ironsight_201802102254155.jpg

I guess that was most likely a "given thing", since you can't make a female look like a fully equiped tank :P. Yet, thanks for the effort!

It would be more interesting to know now, if the female charachters have an invisible hitbox / adjusted hitbox, like in some other games.

I purchased the founders pack yesterday and will give it a shoot later on this week with my clanmates and make a video!

• I overlaid the biggest char with the smallest char. As you can see Havoc is much broader.

ironsight_201802102254155.jpg

judging by that picture though i would say that the tank is mostly armour,personally the character models before the armour is the same,and i would say that is intended,

im not a video game developer but if i was i would make the basic models the same size and give more armour to the tanks,i could be wrong in that thinking but hay im fine with that

• Yeah its armor but does he take damage when you shoot at that armor. Does he take more damage than chars with no armor?

i dont think so if they take hit boxes from the basic models then all armour should be cosmetic that is how r6siege does it however even they had some issues

• Unless Wiple Games has a development team with the force capable of making unique hitboxes a-la Rainbow Six: Siege, I assume all characters will have the same hitbox.

O2W7vZT.jpg latest?cb=20080808033149 I am Snowflame! Every cell of my being burns with white-hot ecstasy. Cocaine is my God -- and I am the human instrument of its will! latest?cb=20080808033200

• Unless Wiple Games has a development team with the force capable of making unique hitboxes a-la Rainbow Six: Siege, I assume all characters will have the same hitbox.

a lot if this was fixed ie in early builds of r6s the ear cups were hit boxes now they are not. which was my point in the first place make models ie naked then add hitboxes then add armour ie only the main body would be hit box not armour.

yes I agree maybe this dev team doesn't have the money to do this but tbh I'm not a dev but this looks pretty simple to me maybe I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

• a lot if this was fixed ie in early builds of r6s the ear cups were hit boxes now they are not. which was my point in the first place make models ie naked then add hitboxes then add armour ie only the main body would be hit box not armour.

yes I agree maybe this dev team doesn't have the money to do this but tbh I'm not a dev but this looks pretty simple to me maybe I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

It wasn't fixed in early builds at all. Unique hitboxes were added June 7th 2017. A year and a half after the game was fully released. This game is still in beta.

And hitboxes are definitely not simple to implement.

O2W7vZT.jpg latest?cb=20080808033149 I am Snowflame! Every cell of my being burns with white-hot ecstasy. Cocaine is my God -- and I am the human instrument of its will! latest?cb=20080808033200

• by early builds I meant early on in game cycle

I play siege all the time I have no issues with the hit boxes tbh most people hate 3 speed operators like ash, the only hit boxes that were broken was operators with ear defenders and that was in early launch up 2 last year also that unique hitbox update was not the first time they had tried to fix hit boxes first one was year 1 and also in op health.

also as I stated I'm not a dev I'm just a gamer who has played Meany fps games for more hours than I would like to admit to.

also you say hit boxes arnt easy to implement yet Meany other games implement them pretty easily and have no issues what so ever?????

• Because those games have a normalized hitbox. Unique ones can't be copy-pasted, they have to be created by hand, then tested.