Sniper Rifles Need To Be Nurfed

• So why lock them down to not being able mobile? Why lock snipers down to camping?

Because snipers camp, not run around and kill. I feel like explaining this to a little kid.

I agree with you but the thing is, in this maps you can't camp or you will be killed from the back or get in a close range situation by a jump and dropshotter riffle.

Server: EU

Clan: AmiciBelli

Clan Rank: Deputy

Favorite Weapons: Sniper (Blaser) and Riffle (Famas)

• The Blazer is still the best in my oppinion. Quick aim, quick reload + the recoil is also pretty good. But ofcourse, you need to aim at hes upperbody/head to get a kill.

The DSR is to slow with aiming... It's a oneshotkill sniper 90% of the time.. But nah, to slow for me.

The other snipers i haven't tried out..

• The Blazer is still the best in my oppinion. Quick aim, quick reload + the recoil is also pretty good. But ofcourse, you need to aim at hes upperbody/head to get a kill.

The DSR is to slow with aiming... It's a oneshotkill sniper 90% of the time.. But nah, to slow for me.

In my opinion cf sucks, psg I have but didn't tested and dragunov I don't have.

In my opinion cf sucks, psg I have but didn't tested and dragunov I don't have.

I've seen a lo t of players using the Dragonov, mostly get killed in 1 shot which doesn't make sense if you look at other FPS games. Mostly 2 hits, but one hit with Dragonov doesn't make any sence if you look at other FPS games and the stats of the weapon on IS.

• In my opinion cf sucks, psg I have but didn't tested and dragunov I don't have.

I've seen a lo t of players using the Dragonov, mostly get killed in 1 shot which doesn't make sense if you look at other FPS games. Mostly 2 hits, but one hit with Dragonov doesn't make any sence if you look at other FPS games and the stats of the weapon on IS.

Isn't dragunov a semi-auto?

• I've seen a lo t of players using the Dragonov, mostly get killed in 1 shot which doesn't make sense if you look at other FPS games. Mostly 2 hits, but one hit with Dragonov doesn't make any sence if you look at other FPS games and the stats of the weapon on IS.

Isn't dragunov a semi-auto?

Yes it is, but getting one shot with that weapon doesn't make any sense compared to other FPS games.

• Pretty simple fix. Remove the scope sway and "hold breath" mechanic, increasing accuracy to the point where it will be viable to have headshot-only sniper rifles. One hit kills to the body are unfair; in order to access this instant time to kill, one should be able to land headshots.

• Pretty simple fix. Remove the scope sway and "hold breath" mechanic, increasing accuracy to the point where it will be viable to have headshot-only sniper rifles. One hit kills to the body are unfair; in order to access this instant time to kill, one should be able to land headshots.

It would be an interest experiment to try, at least.

Why yes! I do use pistols all the time!

Gold Pistols: TAC-OPS, Python

• One hit kills to the body are unfair

In the current state yes.

however, one hit kills to the body are not unfair with the right amount of difficulty assigned to it.

if snipers have enough drawbacks I'd be totally okay with them one shotting.

the thing is that the hold breath is not a big enough drawback atm.

I like the sway/breath, and it's really not a big deal once you get used to it it's like it hardly even exist.

Our options are three fold:

buff the range and stopping power of automatic weapons

add more difficulty/nerf dmg to sniping

or a little of both. <where I stand atm

The post was edited 1 time, last by P4prik4 ().

• 1-shot Snipers definitely need to be nerfed. The problem with them is that they will always dominate competitive games because they completely punch through any RNG one might have with recoil or accuracy. But compound this with a higher TTK and worse accuracy with Assault Rifles and SMGs compared to other games, this makes Sniper Rifles in comparison even better than other games along with how powerful damage drop from range can be.

The current health regeneration speed also benefits Sniper Rifles really well in my opinion. A Sniper can easily scare and cripple a player from re-engaging with 1-shot even if 1-shots aren't guaranteed kills in this game. I also think this works well with the M320 secondary (noob tube) for finishing off wounded players as it's damage is also insufficient for a 1-shot kill like CoD.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Uranium ().

• I would surmise that it goes without saying that 'Snipers', even if they miss their shots, still have a back-up weapon such as a Shotgun. So... even if the cancerous 1-shot mechanic that you see in so many games was not here, then at least 'Snipers' have something more than just a pistol as backup.

I'm sure you see what I'm getting at. In the Meta-game, Snipers who can 1-shot peek-a-boom you hurts morale for every non-sniper, and there's no excuse why they NEED this ability when they have a STRONG back-up weapon in-stead. It's not like they're glass cannons when they can use Shotguns "if they miss their shot".

I'm fully in-favor of a 99% dmg-cap rule for EVERY sniper shot, and this is coming from a 'sniper'. It's only fair, and reduces frustration to every other class.