Game Developer Transparency

• Coming from a game like overwatch, I'm used to seeing game developers being semi transparent in when and what content they are putting out. I haven't seen a single post or tweet about anything OBT related since the game went down on the 8th. I think Aeria Games should be more concerned about losing some of the player base they already have. They should be completely transparent and they should keep us well informed. this is an amazing game, and I'd hate for it to lose some of its momentum.

-JJ9897 Overwatch Grandmaster

• there is transparency. Until open beta, the main focus is to fix all possible technical issues that occurded during these last 3 betas. Hence, I would be unsure of what should be more transparent. Once the game is out, we will also receive patch notes for each patch pretty soon and maybe Q&A will developers will also occur (something that could be possible. This last sentence is my opinion and no official statement). I don't really see how they could lose players before the actual game has started. The only thing that I could think of as a reason, would be that the game wasn't appealing for them.

• fix spell mistakes dumbo. Do you no da wae? Why are you making official statements, if you don't stand behind what you have to say. This game could lose players by making them have to wait for the game. Could make them lose focus. I also said transparency since the end of TBT. Use your brain not your fingers.

• Hello there,

I understand your concerns JJ9987 , we try to be as transparent as possible, however, regarding OBT and communication, if nothing has been communicated it's mostly because we wait on our side for official decision before announcing anything.

I hope you understand this :) We'd rather announce everything when it's all set in stone that having to change everything because something changed.

And please remain correct when speaking to other users, Heiliger was just trying to help.

See you around.

• Coming from a game like OW - oh yeah, with prolly the biggest developer studio in the world, with a budget of i cannot imagine, please compare that to wimple games.

This is how it works with smaller studios, things go wrong, things need to get adjusted, people listen to the community and try to implement stuff for obt, without it being planned in the first place (yes, you heard right, i believe they listen to us...), people try to not rush dates they cannot meet.

• I don't see how they could be more transparent than they already are; Especially about something like OBT when they more than likely are trying to fix bugs while potentially making adjustments to how the game plays from player feedback. I'm happy with the approach they're taking because instead of rushing the game out the door by having a deadline they have to meet they're instead taking their time -- I'd rather wait for a game that's optimized rather than one that's a buggy mess.

There's other things they have to consider too; Such as how long the Early Access period will be for package buyers before releasing for everyone and making sure that these players get their items accordingly. These things take time, all we can do is be patient.

• Coming from a game like OW - oh yeah, with prolly the biggest developer studio in the world, with a budget of i cannot imagine, please compare that to wimple games.

This is how it works with smaller studios, things go wrong, things need to get adjusted, people listen to the community and try to implement stuff for obt, without it being planned in the first place (yes, you heard right, i believe they listen to us...), people try to not rush dates they cannot meet.

giphy.gif

Clash Network Manager | Wreck