I NEED YOUR OPINION & FEEDBACK ABOUT THE LMGs IN "IRONSIGHT"!!! - by Kirito

• [THIS IS MY OPINION ABOUT THIS TOPIC, SO I WOULD REALLY ENJOY IT IF EVERYONE COULD STAY FACTUAL & CALMLY ABOUT THIS:saint:]

Greetings Community,

over the last days by playing Ironsight, I noticed that the LMGs (Light Machine Guns) are kinda too strong and not really balanced in my opinion.
    If you think about it, not many players are playing LMGs so far, but the numbers of players are increasing from time to time.

Why does I think LMGs are too strong?

If you ever played against a player with an LMG, maybe you realised that you don't have a "real chance" in melee combat against it.
    The combination with the high Rate of Fire (67-83) and the high Damage (28-35) output is kinda too strong in melee combat. X/

Additional to that you have a big sized Magazine (75-100 Bullets) & still a fast Mobility (84).
    Even when LMGs have the lowest Mobility ingame with 84, you're still really fast, because of the fast paced gameplay + you still have the same movement animation when you Prone, Jump, Crouch or jump out of windows/over objectives.

What is balaced/not that good on LMGs?

The Recoile Control (33-45) is kinda hard to handle for new players especially when you use the "Iron Sight" of it.
    Of couse LMGs are really heavy weapons in real life so it's balanced in my opinion.
    The Accuracy (73) is kinda okay for me aswell. The most other Assault Rifles (ARs) and Submachine Guns (SMGs) have a Accuracy of 81. :saint:
    The reload is kinda too long for some milliseconds. Players can easily rush you after they heard the reload-animation sound. You're way too long out of combat, so you miss important kills/assists aswell ?(

My own opinion & a possible suggestion for LMGs!

Because every change can have a big impact for the LMG-Class in the future and every weapon has different stats and strengths, I wanted to make it shortly and fair for everyone!

Light Machine Guns are really strong in melee combat but doesn't fit that well in long-range battles.

A possible way to balance it for a little would be to take of 1-3 points (depends on which LMG) of the Fire Rate and lower the Damage by 0,5 or 1 points for every Light Machine Gun.

Additional to this the Mobility should be customized a little that you Prone, Jump, Crouch or jump out of windows/over objectives should be more slowly because of the heavy weight of the weapon.

To make it equal and more attractive for the Long Range a possible way could be that the Recoile Controle could get increased by 2-4 for every LMG.
    (Range (62-79) fits really good on LMGs. They have even higher Range-Points then the most Assault Rifles.)

I would love to hear your opinions about this topic down in the comments below! :saint:
    So be active and let me know what you think about this or even if you have other ideas/plans! ;)

A Strawpoll link to see your short opinion about this topic: http://www.strawpoll.me/14665848

Thanks for reading this here soldier and I wish you still a good day :saint::thumbup:

Leon 'Kirito' N. - "The Dropshotter"

• I agree that changes would make the LMG's have a more fitting place in IS.

I like your idea of making them more suitable for long range fire than the other classes too, I think it would give them a purpose beyond being "an assault rifle with more ammo" like they are just now.

I think the mobility stats should be tweaked too because, like you said, it's a big heavy weapon and that should be reflected in your movement. It would be a nice bit of balance to extending it's range too.

I don't agree about the reload time. I think it's a good trade off to wait longer when you run out of ammo because you have to reload so much less than the other weapons.

Good post.

• Ohh okay actually I diddn't knew that you've a lower reload time when you reload the weapon early with a lot of bullets left in the magazine. Thanks for this info ;):thumbup:
    But at all thanks for your constructive & clear opinion!
    Have a good evening/nigh/morning

- Kirito :saint:

• Post by Kirito ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Oh no, I didn't mean that. I meant the LMG's have to reload less frequently than other weapons, so a long reload time is a good trade off because you have to do it less often.

You too. :)

• Additional to that you have a big sized Magazine (75-100 Bullets) & still a fast Mobility (84).
    Even when LMGs have the lowest Mobility ingame with 84, you're still really fast, because of the fast paced gameplay + you still have the same movement animation when you Prone, Jump, Crouch or jump out of windows/over objectives.

Gimping the LMG movement abilities isn't going to fix anything, other then make it so other players stop choosing lmgs.

What's the point when the ARs or SMGs, are faster and do the same thing. Throw on extended mags on the AR and then there really is no point to the LMGs.

Right now the LMGs are like Xihso said, bad ARs with a large mag size.

I'm not in favor of turning them into a worthless sniper type class like in the new call of duties.

I think that is what throws people off about the LMGs, they are use to seeing players not move around and stay in one spot the whole match. Now in IS, players with LMGs aren't locked into playing one style of play. Look at the snipers, sure you can hang back, or you can get close-it comes down to how good you are with that type of weapon. Forcing LMGs into a long range roll, given that snipers do that role better, and more-isn't going to "fix" the balance.

It just means, that most players won't even bother to play with LMGs, other then to camp.