Battle Royal Game Mode

• Every other FPS is adding a Battle Royal game mode since the bizarre success of pubg. Think Ironsight will try their hand?

"The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be"

• Yeah I guess this year will be the year of BR's, we already have IslandsOfNyne and Europa in production. So who knows what other company will give it a try.

As I sat here and saw my post go up to 1 view, I patiently awaited your response lol. Yea BRS are huge right now. I could see them giving it a go. It would be...Different thats for sure lol.

"The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be"

• I think this would take too much resources to create, and don't think it would be worth the effort. If I wanted to play a battle royale game, surely I'd just play PUBG or the free alternative, Fortnite: Battle Royale.

• Game is still way too young (It's now 1 year in commercial service in Korea) to already spend resources for a BR game

Would be better to spend resources to other things, but hey you never know. It's a craze right now, (that'll eventually die out within 3 years when they next "hype" thing comes out. IMHO ^^)

• I don't think this game needs a BR mode. Not the game for it. I like PUBG cause of the skill ceiling, dislike Fortnite, because shooting is luck based and not skill based and I don't like the cartoony feeling to it at all.

• Game is far too fast for such a game mode UNLESS they do a more "season 2" of the Battle Royale manga where everything takes place inside a city, forcing close quarters combat.

Or big maps could be implemented. Ensuring that you don't meet and kill too fast

• Game is far too fast for such a game mode UNLESS they do a more "season 2" of the Battle Royale manga where everything takes place inside a city, forcing close quarters combat.

Or big maps could be implemented. Ensuring that you don't meet and kill too fast

Battle Royale is a fad that will fade away in a year or two, just like every other fad before it. No need to dump resources into something that nobody will play a year from now. Resources should be used to make the game the best version of what it currently is.

• I don't think this game needs a BR mode. Not the game for it. I like PUBG cause of the skill ceiling, dislike Fortnite, because shooting is luck based and not skill based and I don't like the cartoony feeling to it at all.

There's a higher skill ceiling in Fortnite than PUBG. Positioning and building are way more important than just camping the edge of the circle and literally making it to the end with 0 kills. And shooting is definitely not luck based lol you just have to know how to control the bloom on the weapons. Plus sheer numbers also show Fortnite is the more popular BR because of these things.

There's a higher skill ceiling in Fortnite than PUBG. Positioning and building are way more important than just camping the edge of the circle and literally making it to the end with 0 kills. And shooting is definitely not luck based lol you just have to know how to control the bloom on the weapons. Plus sheer numbers also show Fortnite is the more popular BR because of these things.

Fortnite has more players than PUBG? That doesn't sound right.

• Well F2P vs P2P, so that explains the numbers. Also PUBG requires a more powerful machine, although Fortnite was developed in UE4.

[EDIT]

Not sure on the numbers though. You can find PUBG numbers on SteamSpy, but Epic Games doesn't have population numbers anywhere I know of.