Skins and Microtransactions are Overpriced

• Tbh this is like EA’s Battlefront 2 lootbox system but softer (where you don’t have to collect pieces) but lootbox isn’t player friendly specially with RNG.

Warframe has the best f2p system of any game and still can gain profit. In this game, the what makes player pay are cosmetics and not from rng. Cosmetics are only skin decals with base colors that’s the designer has added but there are also color palellets that can be used to change colors from that skin.

If a level one can basically get an orange rarity skin for example why just don’t remove chance to get duplicated item. You may just never get that one skin you want for eternity

<3Misfire<3

<3Orange Diamond with Blue Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

giphy.gif < Why SR should be nerfed in all aspects xD

• we all agree that the game is free and needs a way to keep itself, the main issue is that the skins aren't expensive only, they are part of a lootbox. You will have to pay and be lucky to get. So many people won't spend money because of this "gamble" part.

• we all agree that the game is free and needs a way to keep itself, the main issue is that the skins aren't expensive only, they are part of a lootbox. You will have to pay and be lucky to get. So many people won't spend money because of this "gamble" part.

This right here, is the reason why I wouldn't spend money on this game over any other free to play game right now. It relies too heavily on loot boxes. There is no certainty that i will be able to get anything at all that I actually want, why spend money on Ironsight if i could just go spend money on another F2P FPS game where i'm able to choose exactly what i want to purchase? In my opinion, what they should do is:

1. Remove supply boxes and superior supply boxes from level-ups and instead just give us a handful of GP instead, based on what level the player has achieved
    2. Let us DIRECTLY purchase whatever skins we want, at a price that isn't outrageous
    3. Split the existing loot boxes into 3 categories: Weapon skins, Attachment skins, and Character items (clothes, helmets, taunts etc) for players that still might want to try their luck at getting something for cheaper than they normally would. EDIT: And make them available for chips or AP only
    4. Change the price of the current low-tier skins from 40,000 GP to 50 chips (and put them in the loot boxes too i guess, why not)

Other F2P FPS games aren't afraid to lock non-paying players out of cosmetic-only items, and if it means that paying players can be treated more fairly, then i think Ironsight shouldn't be afraid to do that either.

• Are you guys really complaining about skins being overpriced? The developers have to make money, and I'd rather that they do it with skins than actual guns. Overpricing the sexy skins is probably one of the best way to make money.

How did Warframe devs (Digital Extremes) make money without having to make players gamble?

<3Misfire<3

<3Orange Diamond with Blue Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

giphy.gif < Why SR should be nerfed in all aspects xD

• Are you guys really complaining about skins being overpriced? The developers have to make money, and I'd rather that they do it with skins than actual guns. Overpricing the sexy skins is probably one of the best way to make money.

How did Warframe devs (Digital Extremes) make money without having to make players gamble?

I don't know but I don't play Warframe. You don't have to buy the lootboxes. If you do and you're complaining about it, that's your problem, not the developer's.

• I don't know but I don't play Warframe. You don't have to buy the lootboxes. If you do and you're complaining about it, that's your problem, not the developer's.

It is the developer's problem if they want to make money and this many people are saying they won't financially support the game. We know the devs want to make money that's why we're trying to suggest pricing adjust and ways to get more people to purchase items. If we hated microtransactions most of us would have stayed/bought Black Ops 2.

Maybe it's because we want to be able to support the game, but also receive something we actually want, instead of paying a lot of money for a whole lot of shitty clothing items/attachments and whatnot that we don't care for. Dunno why so many people can't understand this.

• The game is F2P along with being in a beta, there's still many things that need to be worked out. To complain about cosmetics is to be completely unaware how games like this try to make money. There's two different strategies that seem to be most popular:

Little Bits - These games play on the aspect that people will be spending a small amount of money frequently (think spending 2$ every week or biweekly). This is more dependent on most of the community spending a little bit frequently.

Whaling - This is what Ironsight does, it holds out for the big cats who will drop 20$ minimum on the game for the various cosmetic items (think of the sexy girl skins and how much they cost). All the cosmetics are good quality, and all can combo to make a decent loadout. All the flashy skins with the bright colors are bought with chips or can be opened out of the loot boxes.

Honestly be thankful that this game isn't P2W, cause a game of this quality could easily become a P2P game.

:!:Currently looking for a team to play with and get better with.:!:

Previous Games (Semi-Pro)
    - Team Fortress 2 (Highlander, Engineer Main)

- Paladins: Champions of the Realm (Support/Fragger)

- Pokemon (Various VGC Formats)

Links:

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/jomovs/

• so spending $20 in a f2p game makes you a whale? guess i'm a whale 10x over in dirty bomb then.

all joking aside, what exactly can you buy with only $20 in ironsight? well not a whole lot. yes, there are some bundles you can buy that get you some standard, unskinned guns, but this thread is about cosmetics and items you can only get by purchasing. with only $20 you can't get any character models, as those cost $7 over our budget. you could buy some XP/GP boosters, but in all honestly they aren't that great, so we'll cross those off the list. you could get some GP, but why do that when you just naturally accumulate it for free by playing the game? basically the only option is to gamble your money on lootboxes, and let's be honest, fucking nobody wants to do that.

We're not complaining because we're too poor to afford to spend money on the game, we're complaining because we feel that there is little to no value in anything purchasable ingame right now with how much money it costs to directly buy things like blue-rarity skins ($25), one shirt for our character ($10, yes it really is that much) and how much money it could theoretically take to obtain desirable items like the top-tier skins, which are currently only available from lootboxes. and guess what: we don't have to be "thankful" that the game isn't pay to win, because you know what'd we do if it was? find another game to play. there's plenty of them out there. we're here because we love the game and want to be able to support it financially, but right now it feels like if we spent on the game, we'd be spending money on a whole lot of nothing in the case we open boxes and get stuff we don't want, or overpaying for simple items that are much cheaper in other comparable games, which seem to be able to cater to both the smaller spenders and the larger spenders.

• 200$ in Dirty Bomb? I mean that does qualify you as a whale

I was looking at the two examples not in the views of Ironsight but in general, I realize how much those character models cost. (But I mean sexy girls are worth it no?) I feel that this game is still a bit early on to get the real cool skins (I do like the Fire Monkey skins a lot, not enough to drop cash on them) Maybe if they provide us with a program we can create some truely cool skins that people may find worth in.

Let's look at CS:GO as an example. Many skins are community made, but Ironsight doesn't have anything to help support creators the way that Valve does through the Steam Workshop. I am aware I am comparing a multi-million dollar business to a small game development studio but they could do something like this. I also feel as though they want to do something along these lines, and they've got a start through the Dog Tag competition.

Another thing that we can do that I rememer being proposed is splitting the lootboxes up into 2: Cosmetics and Weapons + Attachments. This would help people that despise pulling cosmetics out of the free lootboxes that we receive (like me) and help others play "Fashionsight"

Any thoughts?

Links:

• Let's look at CS:GO as an example. Many skins are community made, but Ironsight doesn't have anything to help support creators the way that Valve does through the Steam Workshop. I am aware I am comparing a multi-million dollar business to a small game development studio but they could do something like this. I also feel as though they want to do something along these lines, and they've got a start through the Dog Tag competition.

Another thing that we can do that I rememer being proposed is splitting the lootboxes up into 2: Cosmetics and Weapons + Attachments. This would help people that despise pulling cosmetics out of the free lootboxes that we receive (like me) and help others play "Fashionsight"

Any thoughts?

Hey there!

First of all, we are supporting creators. We’re always having some creation events every now and then. Not long ago we had a weapon skin creation contest and the submissions were indeed great, but we’re still waiting for the developers to implement the skin.

Second of all, you can always post your lootbox suggestions in the „Feedback and Suggestions“ sector of the forum if you want more people to notice it say something about this! ;)

• Sorry if my post came across as aggressive, it was more to continue the discussion on the quality of the skins. I'm aware of the creation events (I addressed this in my post). Again sorry if I came across as peeved.

Links:

• 200$ in Dirty Bomb? I mean that does qualify you as a whale

Heh, I kinda wouldn't consider myself one, that's about how much i've spent on the game over a period of about three years. I think the most money i spent on the game all at once was like 30 dollars. To me, whales are people who spend $70+ all at once, regularly.

Any thoughts?

Community skins would be really nice, that's the one thing i do like about csgo's monetization is that the community can get their own work in the game. I would still prefer them to basically gut lootboxes by allowing us to just directly purchase every item available, but that's just me. It's like if you went to Mcdonalds, and instead of just buying a big mac for $4 you had to spend 10 cents for a 3% chance of receiving a big mac. Maybe you'll get lucky and get the big mac on your first try, or maybe it'll take you more than $50 to get it.

• radarridr already made most of my points so I'm only gonna talk about a few. First, spending $2 weekly is technically a whale as it adds up to $104.29 annually and even biweekly it would still be $52.15 annually. Second, companies that depend on whales can be humbly successful in the Western market however, they lose out on a lot of potential customers. You brought up CS:GO as an example and I think it's a great model for a F2P. There's millionaires in Saudis that spend thousands monthly and Poles that would at the most spend $40 a year. It's a mix between both models. CS:GO does this by tiered skins and while many object to this I personally don't when it's not in loot boxes. The only reasonably obtainable skins are the low tier and gold skins. It would be nice to see a few $5-10 skins, than $25, than $50, etc.

• Some people keep talking about "the company needs money tô keep the game". We all know it. In fact thats why we are against lootboxes, because people won't spend money to gamble, even those that want to support the game wont do because the feeling of scam.

Aeria's would make way more money without scamboxes.

• I like this game and after the ironwork patch decided to put some money in game. I spent 10$ if remember correctly.

You have two of the one time only bundles that cost 1ap and give you boost, emote, weapon and some loot box.

After that I was stuck with gambling.

What can 10$ give you?

Not much.

Opened few of the different boxes. Got some weapons that you can buy for gp and fire monkey DSR that I dont even use (not a camping player).

Will I spend again?

I dont think so.

The post was edited 1 time, last by mxhc ().