Skins and Microtransactions are Overpriced

• Background

So a few hours ago I and some others guys in the in-game NA chat were talking about the new update and someone brought up the topic of the how much the skins costs with real money. Most skins range from 250-500 Chips, characters bought with Chips are 270, and Superior Crates are 120. To get buy Chips you have to pay for them with Aeria Points. To get those Aeria Points you either have to buy them or get them free via filling out surveys or downloading stuff from 3rd party companies and most the websites serve out malware so there's only one real choice, to buy them with real money. If you go to buy Aeria Points they offer extra AP for larger purchases with different purchasing methods, however, they only give you a noticeable discount if you purchase AP in very large amounts. In reality, $1 = 100 AP and 100 AP = 10 Chips and again while there are extra Chips if you buy in large amounts, in moderate amounts the extra Chips aren't really anything. So as I mentioned before most skins are 250-500 Chips thus making skins $25-$50 without the extra AP and or Chips. Not only that, but characters bought with Chips are $27 and loot boxes are $1.20 which for 1 item typically a duplicate or a cosmetic item you could have bought by playing 4 games seems really expensive. I've asked in the Discord about this 3 times with most people agreeing with me but the moderators or devs haven't said anything.

TL;DR

Weapon skins are either 250 or 500 Chips (500 Chip skins are only obtainable via Crates saying that the item is unavailable and redirecting you to the Superior Crates)

The weapons with special reload animations always require one 500 Chip skin, one 500 Chip Skin, and one 40,000 GP skin. For most players these skins will cost $75

Characters bought with Chips are 270 Chips

Superior Supply Crates are 12 Chips

100 Chips = 1000 Aeria Points

1000 Aeria Points = $10

Offering a single skin for anything above $10 seems outlandish

Mini-FAQ

Q: You can earn free Chips

A: As of this update I find myself only earning 0-6 Chips a day

Q: Do the 3rd party offers really have malware on them?

A: My antivirus (I'm using Malwarebytes) or my Google Chrome Privacy extensions block a good 90% of the websites that I've gone on the ones it didn't block seemed extremely sketchy as they asked for e-mail, full name, address, and sometimes even a credit card number also they mostly looked like the same site even though they were completely different offers

Q: Game is free/ The game is in beta/ You don't have to buy the skins

A:

Suggestions

I'm proposing that $25 skins be $10 and $50 skins be $20. The Crate prices range from each type so I'm only going to suggest that the Superior Supply Crates be $.80-$1 as $1.20 just seems like an odd price.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK PRICES ITEMS SHOULD BE (SPECIFICALLY ITEMS BOUGHT WITH CHIPS) AND PLEASE GIVE SOME INSIGHT INTO YOUR FEEDBACK.

ViJrgcC.jpg

The post was edited 5 times, last by Cazzo: 1: I pressed space to indent and somehow posted it. 2: Spelling and formatting fixes 3: Didn't save part of my last edit for some reason 4: Added suggestions 5: Added a bullet point about weapons with special reload animations 6: Added 500 Chip skins bullet ().

• Hey there!

You can still try your luck with GP crates! There are really many weapon skins available there and with a bit luck you can get something great there too! Of course for free ;) You just have to play the game a bit in order to get GP!

• Hey there!

You can still try your luck with GP crates! There are really many weapon skins available there and with a bit luck you can get something great there too! Of course for free ;) You just have to play the game a bit in order to get GP!

I'm sorry but the loot table for the gp crates and the fact that you can get duplicates make your 'bit of luck' be as big as the titanic.
    I've been playing for months now, bought well above 100 crates and I've got ONE weapon skin (multicam) for a gun I don't even use.

Also OP is starting a discussion about the cost of skins translated to premiun currency and real money, gp crates have nothing to do with that.

• It’s all about luck though, anyway I’m sorry if you didn’t get much. But nobody forces you to put money into it. Skins are purely cosmetically and doesn’t give you any advantage over other players. There are still many events coming where you can win something without paying anything! ;)

• Even though 25 for a skin is a total rip off, I'm honestly just happy its cosmetic only, Combat Arms was my favorite game ever and they had stats attached to their cosmetics which ruined the game for me. Ill take overpriced skins over 10 dollar stat boosted skins any day.

add steam support or ded game

• It’s all about luck though, anyway I’m sorry if you didn’t get much. But nobody forces you to put money into it. Skins are purely cosmetically and doesn’t give you any advantage over other players. There are still many events coming where you can win something without paying anything! ;)

Dear mod, I am a founder.

This has nothing to do with 'being forced' to put money into anything; it is a discussion on whether or not single skins are overpriced.

• I have to agree with this, im the kind of guy that use to pay in f2p games for a skin i like, but everything more than $10 seems too much imo

its true that we can get some chips for free, but ñeh, a little bit cheaper would even give more rewards to the company coz more ppl would be okay spending

imo

Are you an anime fan? Join my Discord, click the signature :3

ghoq8u0.png

• Crates is the way to go to accumulate skins.

If the purchasable ones were cheaper, there would be no sense in buying crates / little sense.

Never had an issue with the crates in Ironsight, they are pretty good, if I were to ask. Not random scam gacha like in other games.

In addition the majority of skins can be purchased via Gold.

• People who complain in a free2play game about skins that costs to much.. but the skins are the only thing you can buy and finance the complete game..

dude calm down. you don't need skins. and if you buy some, you support the game itself.

when no one buys the skins the game cannot be hold and goes offline.

but k. cry about "high" skin prices..

louie.gif

• wrong, at least my opinon was towards helping the game to get more microtransaction from users, and I used my situation as example, if they pref to have skins at those prices im okay, I wont be buying, but also the ppl that has low divisa than me would think that the price is too high, and Im at euro.

Its just like some guy on steam said "why sell 10 games at $100 if I can sell 100 at $10"

/shrug

Are you an anime fan? Join my Discord, click the signature :3

ghoq8u0.png

• I know the skins are what keep the game alive that's why I'm suggesting making them cheaper so more people could buy them. $50 is about enough to buy most new AAA games. People can spend their money the way they want to however most people I've asked said they don't like the skin prices either and they would be more than happy to support the game if the skins were priced like other good F2P games.

Crates is the way to go to accumulate skins.

If the purchasable ones were cheaper, there would be no sense in buying crates / little sense.

Never had an issue with the crates in Ironsight, they are pretty good, if I were to ask. Not random scam gacha like in other games.

In addition the majority of skins can be purchased via Gold.

I understand what you're saying and completely agree with you. I should have said what I wanted the prices to be. I don't want to completely rule out loot boxes, I just want to make skins purchasable directly for a reasonable price like $10 or so.

It’s all about luck though, anyway I’m sorry if you didn’t get much. But nobody forces you to put money into it. Skins are purely cosmetically and doesn’t give you any advantage over other players. There are still many events coming where you can win something without paying anything! ;)

Thank you for not making another generic F2P P2W game, I and many others enjoy how amazing the game is so for. I'm not being forced in any way to buy them because they are simply skins I'm proposing that the skins be cheaper so you have more people that are willing to buy them. As for the GP crates the rate of duplicates is really high and one only gets paid 50% of what the item's cost is if they were to get a dupe from a crate, other than that I like the GP crates.

• Honestly I would buy skins if they were cheaper. Wanted that American flag m4, but who is going to pay like $75? Ik there are the two skin conditions but still. Why spend $50 on a skin in this, when I can just put $35 in dota and get so much more value for my money.

• What I really hate is that the orange skins are locked to loot box only.

You guys are already selling expensive price skin, now you are forcing players who want orange tier skins and above to gamble for it.

You can buy orange skins, but they cost $50.

Imo the price isn't the only issue, the game looks stalled and the feeling i have is ironsight is going to nowhere. People won't spend much money if they don't trust the developers / publisher.

Wiple Games seems trust-able however Aeria Games is basically smaller scale, western Nexon. I'm hoping the devs get the game far enough to pull a Dirty Bomb style indie buyback.

Honestly I would buy skins if they were cheaper. Wanted that American flag m4, but who is going to pay like $75? Ik there are the two skin conditions but still. Why spend $50 on a skin in this, when I can just put $35 in dota and get so much more value for my money.

I completely agree with you $75 for a single skin is pretty outrageous.

Honestly you get more things from the GP crates then any other crate so I would stick to those.

I would but I'm saving for gold skins and I assume many other players are too. It's nice that one is able to buy GP crates but I and a good amount of others would like to be able to directly buy the Chip skins for a reasonable amount.

• What I really hate is that the orange skins are locked to loot box only.

You guys are already selling expensive price skin, now you are forcing players who want orange tier skins and above to gamble for it.

You can buy orange skins, but they cost $50.

I think you are mistaken. They have a price tag for 500 Chips, but when you click on the item, it will say "unavailable" and it will re-direct you to the lootbox.

It’s all about luck though, anyway I’m sorry if you didn’t get much. But nobody forces you to put money into it. Skins are purely cosmetically and doesn’t give you any advantage over other players. There are still many events coming where you can win something without paying anything! ;)

Then may I add a suggestion and say that all skins should have an option to be purchasable rather than just gamble only? After all, like you said, they are just skins for cosmetic.

• I get what alot of people are saying. They are saying to would like to buy skins, but think they are a bit overpriced. I get why people are saying it. Even now when the new skins are added you have to pay $75 dollars for the top tier skins, wich is quite alot.

I think if they drop the prices on skins, people will buy more skins, hence the sentence "why sell 10 games at $100 if I can sell 100 at $10"

Yes the skins are way cheaper and they will get less money for each person to buy them. But if it is cheaper alot more people are tempting to buy them. I myself am a general founder pack buyer because I love the game alot and wanted to support them and thought that pack was worth buying it. But for the in-game items I also think it's a bit to expensive. If they half the price of chip items I would know for sure that I would be spending some more money on the game. But $50 dollars for a freaking skin is quite alot.

• Even now when the new skins are added you have to pay $75 dollars for the top tier skins, wich is quite alot.

what top tier skin can you buy for $75? The only way to get top tier skin is by lootboxing for specific orange skins, then spend $25 for the blue skin, then spend 40k game money. Last I check, there is no top tier gun you can buy directly.

I think if they drop the prices on skins, people will buy more skins, hence the sentence "why sell 10 games at $100 if I can sell 100 at $10"

Yep, I agree with Mickster here.

You might say that this will devalue the skins, but think about the time you ever seen a person say this in-game "wow, I like your skins." Yeah, never.

The truth is that since this is an FPS skin, no one care what your skin is, they only care about your score. If this was an MMORPG, then yes, lootbox and expensive skins all the way since it's all about showing off